The Student Room Group

Implant question - is this normal

I posted this in sexual health but it got no response.

I got the implant on Tuesday and I took the bandages off today as they were itching like crazy!!

I can feel the implant no problem but it looks as though the nurse has fitted it rather low in my arm (almost underneath but not quite?) is this normal?? Where is your implant if you have one?

Please note I'm kind of a paranoid fault picking fanny and I always stress over nothing! Just want my mind putting at ease! I've inserted a couple of pictures.

:s-smilie:
Mine is placed in a similar area, it's normal :smile: I remember it being a bit itchy when it was first done but it should fade :yep: though for the first month you might be a bit irritable and have mood swings etc :3
Reply 2
Original post by Precious Illusions
Mine is placed in a similar area, it's normal :smile: I remember it being a bit itchy when it was first done but it should fade :yep: though for the first month you might be a bit irritable and have mood swings etc :3

Thank you! It just seems like everyone has theirs placed differently and I can feel it from the back of my arm. I'm slightly annoyed that it's in such a funny place. Yeah mine is so itchy and really sore! What us girls put up with haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littledolly
Thank you! It just seems like everyone has theirs placed differently and I can feel it from the back of my arm. I'm slightly annoyed that it's in such a funny place. Yeah mine is so itchy and really sore! What us girls put up with haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you feel that it's been placed oddly or incorrectly then I'd go back and have it checked tbh. Was so glad my GP actually fitted mine! Haha it's worth it tbh, but the occasional random periods can be very very annoying - I'd advise always having a pad or something in your bag just incase!
Reply 4
Original post by Precious Illusions
If you feel that it's been placed oddly or incorrectly then I'd go back and have it checked tbh. Was so glad my GP actually fitted mine! Haha it's worth it tbh, but the occasional random periods can be very very annoying - I'd advise always having a pad or something in your bag just incase!

Do you think it looks okay? I'm just such a worrier! The nurse practitioner fitted mine and she made me feel to check it was in place. I only have little skinny arms 😳 ohh dear I've seen no blood yet but I'm not gonna travel anywhere without panty liners!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littledolly
Do you think it looks okay? I'm just such a worrier! The nurse practitioner fitted mine and she made me feel to check it was in place. I only have little skinny arms 😳 ohh dear I've seen no blood yet but I'm not gonna travel anywhere without panty liners!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It looks okay to me! Like underneath the arm? And yeah I went 6 months period free then had one and was so annoyed haha :lol: so deffo have them handy ^,^
It seems to be in the same kind of area I had mine done, unless you definitely feel uncomfortable with it or it's causing you pain (which it shouldn't be) - no need to panic haha!

I got my implant removed after about 7 months due to a CONSTANT PERIOD...yep, a period which lasted for 7 months LOL. So I was rather upset as the pros of the implant were so amazing, and all of my friends had such an easy time on it 😔

Just goes to show that every person is different I guess, but yeah, it looks normal to me! Best of luck with it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest