The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Guess the first offers from UCL have started trickling in so I thought I'd start this thread.

Scroll to see replies

Seriously? What course did you apply for, and when did you submit your app?

I've applied for Law :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by tejasrao11
Seriously? What course did you apply for, and when did you submit your app?

I've applied for Law :smile:

Archaeology and anthro. I've seen some people get their offers for other subjects recently too, but I think offers law will probably take quite a while to arrive since it's much more competitive.
Woah, that's fancy.

Hoping for the best yo. What other colleges have you applied to?
Reply 4
Original post by tejasrao11
Woah, that's fancy.

Hoping for the best yo. What other colleges have you applied to?

Well I wouldn't call carbon dating and fieldwork fancy, but it's interesting. I've applied to Oxford, LSE, Manchester, as well as Durham, where I've also got a conditional offer.
Reply 5
when did you submit you application ? ^^
im an international student and i was planning to send it early december but im wondering if you got more chance to get an offer by applying earlier :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by DiorS
when did you submit you application ? ^^
im an international student and i was planning to send it early december but im wondering if you got more chance to get an offer by applying earlier :confused:

Ooh I'm an international applicant too! My application was sent off on the 11th of October and I received a questionnaire from UCL (for the archaeology department) less than two weeks after they've received my application, and then I got my offer right after the weekend I submitted my questionnaire.

I don't think you'll have higher chances of getting an offer just by applying early, since the unis know the general standard of applicants they get each year. It's best if you have adequate time to write a good personal statement, instead of simply rushing to finish your PS so you can send in your application earlier.
Reply 7
Original post by perphation
Ooh I'm an international applicant too! My application was sent off on the 11th of October and I received a questionnaire from UCL (for the archaeology department) less than two weeks after they've received my application, and then I got my offer right after the weekend I submitted my questionnaire.

I don't think you'll have higher chances of getting an offer just by applying early, since the unis know the general standard of applicants they get each year. It's best if you have adequate time to write a good personal statement, instead of simply rushing to finish your PS so you can send in your application earlier.

Yeah right ! Im applying for the ESPS dual BA program so even after the send of my ucas application my journey is far from over XD
Reply 8
Hey fellow offer holder, congrats! Got mine for computer science the other day. Is UCL your firm?
Don't UCL interview you? or is that just for some (I'm applying for (Phys)NatSci)
Received an offer for History of Art on Monday :smile: UCL is my first choice after Oxford so I'm really relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by upendatom
Received an offer for History of Art on Monday :smile: UCL is my first choice after Oxford so I'm really relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations...:congrats:When did you apply? My application for the Infrastructure Investment and Finance was completed on the 24th of October (Thanks to a delay by my referees) but I am so worried because I have an interview for a scholarship on the 25th of November and I hope to have an offer by then.
Reply 12
Hi guys,

submitted my application for the Masters in Infrastructural Investment and Management. I am so nervous about the outcome, can anyone please tell me what my chances might be. I am an international student with a 76% average for my undergraduate(from the 2nd best university in Africa), I was on the dean's list, got several academic prizes(for being the best in my year) and also published a paper. I have over a year's wok experience. What are my chances of being accepted?:confused:
Reply 13
Original post by TVIO
Hey fellow offer holder, congrats! Got mine for computer science the other day. Is UCL your firm?

When did you send you application?
Reply 14
Original post by TVIO

Original post by upendatom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! Congrats everyone! I'm applying for Oxford but I wouldn't count on getting in, if I do, I'll most probably firm Oxford instead. If I don't, I'm not really sure if I should firm UCL or Durham, since UCL is more reputable for arch and anth but I feel that I'm better suited to the environment at Durham.

Original post by Rubgangsci
Don't UCL interview you? or is that just for some (I'm applying for (Phys)NatSci)

I'm an international student so it's not really feasible for them to carry out an interview. I did get a questionnaire though.
Reply 15
Original post by DiaanaE
When did you send you application?

29 sept
Original post by lihle_
Congratulations...:congrats:When did you apply? My application for the Infrastructure Investment and Finance was completed on the 24th of October (Thanks to a delay by my referees) but I am so worried because I have an interview for a scholarship on the 25th of November and I hope to have an offer by then.

I applied about 3 weeks before I received the offer, including a week to compete some written exercises :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by perphation
Hello! Congrats everyone! I'm applying for Oxford but I wouldn't count on getting in, if I do, I'll most probably firm Oxford instead. If I don't, I'm not really sure if I should firm UCL or Durham, since UCL is more reputable for arch and anth but I feel that I'm better suited to the environment at Durham.

Yeh, my course at Oxford has a 10% success rate :frown: feeling less hopeful every day, but so relieved about the offer from UCL because I love London! Would be more than happy to firm them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by TVIO
29 sept

What predicted grades do you have?
Reply 19
Original post by DiaanaE
What predicted grades do you have?

Got an A* in maths already. Predicted A*A*A* more.

Quick Reply

Latest