The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fha96
Got an economics offer and I'm almost definitely going to firm UCL :smile: How many of you are going to the open day on the 11th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you get an offer through UCAS or an email like this: "I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department." :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by than4711
:biggrin: Yes, that means you are guaranteed an offer if you go to that open day. Mine is on 11th of March, but i'm interntional student, though i'm living in Leeds, i will pretend that my visa is expired, i'm currently not in the uk.. etc so that i dont have to come to that open day and still get an offer :colone:

Are you sure it's guaranteed? It's just freeking me out. I'm an international student as well, can i ask where are you from? =)
Original post by Qwe0604
Are you sure it's guaranteed? It's just freeking me out. I'm an international student as well, can i ask where are you from? =)

:biggrin: i''m from Vietnam , where are you from.
And it does guarantee you an offer, i mean it was like that the last few years.
:biggrin: i''m from Vietnam , where are you from.
And it does guarantee you an offer, i mean it was like that the last few years.

China :smile:
Reply 1184
did you get an offer through UCAS or an email like this: "I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department." :biggrin:

Thats it mate, I guess I shall be seeing you there :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you book an open day? I received an offer a few days ago and haven't got an email about a department open day... I did apply for PPE though and thus far I have only seen a few offers that have been given out so maybe this is why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heisenburger
me! already firmed UCL for computer science, what are you waiting for? :biggrin:

I'm just deciding on my insurance choice, and going to offer holder open days and stuff! Have you visited UCL? :smile: The computer science course at UCL looks amazing, but high entry grades A*AA ahh
Mechanical Engineering anyone?
Hy guys , I applied to L101 Economics BSc on october 14 and I have been asked for predicted grades in november (I'm an international student) and ever since then i haven't recevied any new mail from them and my portico account says only "Application recevied". Is it like this for all of you who are still waiting for an offer?
Hy guys , I applied to L101 Economics BSc on october 14 and I have been asked for predicted grades in november (I'm an international student) and ever since then i haven't recevied any new mail from them and my portico account says only
Hi,

I've got an offer for Chemical Engineering, however I have a dilemma which hasn't been solved yet by admission staff at UCL. So, perhaps, you could help me?

How do you understand these conditions: "This offer is subject to you obtaining Award of the Matura with at least 3 subjects passed at Extended Level with 85%, to include Mathematics and 1 of Chemistry, Physics."? How am I supposed to read it? Do they require me to obtain 85% at Maths and (Chemistry OR Physics)? Or is is another way round, 85% at Maths, Chemistry AND Physics?

Original post by goemilygo
I'm just deciding on my insurance choice, and going to offer holder open days and stuff! Have you visited UCL? :smile: The computer science course at UCL looks amazing, but high entry grades A*AA ahh

I did visit UCL for the offer holder day, the projects they had on display and the department seemed great, but they didn't really have any mini lectures like other universities do so didn't really get a chance to find out how the teaching is like, but I'm sure it's really good! what about you, have you visited? and who are you thinking of insuring?
Original post by heisenburger
I did visit UCL for the offer holder day, the projects they had on display and the department seemed great, but they didn't really have any mini lectures like other universities do so didn't really get a chance to find out how the teaching is like, but I'm sure it's really good! what about you, have you visited? and who are you thinking of insuring?

I visited too on the offer holder day! 18th Feb? I thought the talks were very informative, but I would have liked it if they had a mini lecture to give all of us an insight into how the course it taught. The example projects they had on display were cool, and I loved the place overall! The links they had with industry and other countries were incredible. I'm deciding between St Andrews and Edinburgh to insure, and I'm visiting St Andrews next weekend, so after that I should have a clear idea :smile:. Who did you insure?
Original post by goemilygo
I visited too on the offer holder day! 18th Feb? I thought the talks were very informative, but I would have liked it if they had a mini lecture to give all of us an insight into how the course it taught. The example projects they had on display were cool, and I loved the place overall! The links they had with industry and other countries were incredible. I'm deciding between St Andrews and Edinburgh to insure, and I'm visiting St Andrews next weekend, so after that I should have a clear idea :smile:. Who did you insure?

I was there in January I think, and I insured Bristol which I thought was great too so wherever I end up I'm happy :biggrin:
Original post by onysk.jakub
Hi,

I've got an offer for Chemical Engineering, however I have a dilemma which hasn't been solved yet by admission staff at UCL. So, perhaps, you could help me?

How do you understand these conditions: "This offer is subject to you obtaining Award of the Matura with at least 3 subjects passed at Extended Level with 85%, to include Mathematics and 1 of Chemistry, Physics."? How am I supposed to read it? Do they require me to obtain 85% at Maths and (Chemistry OR Physics)? Or is is another way round, 85% at Maths, Chemistry AND Physics?

They require you to get 85% overall across three subjects. The 3 subjects in this average should be maths and at least 1 of chemistry or physics (so it could be for example maths, physics and another subject like history - they will calculate the average of those and if it's over 85% you have met your offer. But it can also be maths, chemistry and something else or maths, chemistry and physics - it depends on in what you get better grades).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, your answer explains a lot :smile: Now I'm feeling more relaxed and confident.
Original post by onysk.jakub
Thanks, your answer explains a lot :smile: Now I'm feeling more relaxed and confident.

No problem, congratulations with getting the offer and best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has ANYONE received an offer for Maths? I submitted my application in mid-October and got all four of my other offers within 2 weeks. Been waiting months to hear back from UCL and I'm freaking out because it's my first choice!😁
Original post by MathsObsessed
Has ANYONE received an offer for Maths? I submitted my application in mid-October and got all four of my other offers within 2 weeks. Been waiting months to hear back from UCL and I'm freaking out because it's my first choice!������

Hello! I have an offer for Maths with Econ, which is basically the same thing. I also applied in mid-October but I only received it a week ago so you don't have to worry cause there is still time :smile:
Anyone doing languages heard back yet? :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending