The Student Room Group

dilemma! should I go on holiday with these friends?

Me and a few of my friends are planning to travel to France for about 5 days from Scotland around Christmas time. It's my first time going that far away with my friends.

So far our little trip consists of just 4 people where there's two guys and two girls. Both of the guys have feelings for the another girl. Well all 4 of us are friends but then I'm just afraid I'll feel uneasy there. Of course the girl is gonna prefer one guy over another although she's really close with both of them.

I don't want to feel awkward between me and the other guy when we are forced to give the other two some personal space. I know I shouldn't feel like this because we are friends but I don't want him to feel like he is stuck with me just because she chose the other guy. You know?

I want to travel to France so badly though but I'm just scared I will end up not enjoying myself and wasted my money.
I'd go if I were you. Who's to say the girl will hook up with either of the guys?

Anyway, even if it does, you shouldn't rely on others to determine whether you will enjoy your holiday or not. If you want to go, go, and enjoy it regardless of whether there's drama with your friend and these two guys. Don't get caught up in it and focus on enjoying the city.
Reply 2
Original post by pinkbullets
I'd go if I were you. Who's to say the girl will hook up with either of the guys?

Anyway, even if it does, you shouldn't rely on others to determine whether you will enjoy your holiday or not. If you want to go, go, and enjoy it regardless of whether there's drama with your friend and these two guys. Don't get caught up in it and focus on enjoying the city.

Thank you! The other guy is reallly reallly nice so maybe yeah I shouldn't be worrying after all.
#FirstWorldProblems
Go for it! You're all still friends and the girl might want to keep this a friend only holiday!
And if you keep your days busy with visiting and doing activity and stuff then there won't be time for any awkwardness

Where abouts you going in France if you don't mind me asking? (I'm french and curious :wink: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending