The Student Room Group

I can't tell my parents about my girlfriend

So I've met this girl online and we've been dating for a little bit now, I have been lying to my parents (I know not good) to go to her place. She lives about 3 hours away so its not TOO convenient. I am very very in love with her and I know this is unfair to her. However, I cannot tell my parents about her because I promised them not to have a girlfriend during my a levels. It is such a dilemma at the moment and I DONT KNOW what to do...
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I've met this girl online and we've been dating for a little bit now, I have been lying to my parents (I know not good) to go to her place. She lives about 3 hours away so its not TOO convenient. I am very very in love with her and I know this is unfair to her. However, I cannot tell my parents about her because I promised them not to have a girlfriend during my a levels. It is such a dilemma at the moment and I DONT KNOW what to do...

Why do you NEED to TELL your parents about her?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Why do you NEED to TELL your parents about her?

Well cuz she told hers about me and they really wanna meet them and I don’t really want to lie to them anymore
Original post by Anonymous #1
Well cuz she told hers about me and they really wanna meet them and I don’t really want to lie to them anymore

Her parents want to meet your parents?

How long until you finish A-levels?
I was in a relationship for 18 months with a girl, who hid me from her parents and most friends because she was scared how her parents would react, even though they had no problem with her dating.

It was quite soul crushing for me. Especially because it meant we could never meet up (we were Long Distance).

I know its not always easy to talk to your parents about these things, but good communication in relationships is really important. I would try to talk to your parents about this, it might be easier for the two of you going forward.
I'm currently doing my A-Levels, and I met this girl and we've been dating for about 4 months, We both haven't told our parents because they're quite strict, but I'm working on introducing her as a good friend and maybe inviting over to my house, eventually make it happen more frequently. And if my parents find her as a nice girl or I catch them comparing her to me or something along those lines, I might be open to telling them. But timing is everything, just make sure you wait for the time and let it flow naturally
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Her parents want to meet your parents?

How long until you finish A-levels?

in about 3-4 months
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3
I'm currently doing my A-Levels, and I met this girl and we've been dating for about 4 months, We both haven't told our parents because they're quite strict, but I'm working on introducing her as a good friend and maybe inviting over to my house, eventually make it happen more frequently. And if my parents find her as a nice girl or I catch them comparing her to me or something along those lines, I might be open to telling them. But timing is everything, just make sure you wait for the time and let it flow naturally

But i kind of have a deadline, her family wants to go to a holiday with me and they are booking it soon. So I need my parent's approval. Thanks for replying tho :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending