The Student Room Group

Law Degree Mature Students

Hi! As I'm planning to apply for LLB 2016 I wanted to ask if there are any Mature Students here studying Law and how you got in the course (Access to HE etc.) I'm not applying this year as I need to get some more qualifications to have a chance to get in, so I'm trying to see what would be the best option for me. I'm thinking about Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I know those are very good unis and my chances would be quite small. My qualifications now is overseas degree in interior design and some practice in a law firm, so I really need to get some more qualifications. I'm also not a UK national (EU), so I wonder if this would be a disadvantage for me to study law in UK. I'm really interested in law. I can't imagine doing anything else. I hope you can give me some advice or write what entry requirements worked for you! :wink:
Original post by karotka
Hi! As I'm planning to apply for LLB 2016 I wanted to ask if there are any Mature Students here studying Law and how you got in the course (Access to HE etc.) I'm not applying this year as I need to get some more qualifications to have a chance to get in, so I'm trying to see what would be the best option for me. I'm thinking about Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I know those are very good unis and my chances would be quite small. My qualifications now is overseas degree in interior design and some practice in a law firm, so I really need to get some more qualifications. I'm also not a UK national (EU), so I wonder if this would be a disadvantage for me to study law in UK. I'm really interested in law. I can't imagine doing anything else. I hope you can give me some advice or write what entry requirements worked for you! :wink:

As someone who already holds a degree you might find that you have to pay for your second degree yourself. Also a Scots law degree only qualifies you to practice in Scotland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending