The Student Room Group

Problems with Boyfriend

I've recently been told by my boyfriend that he's not sure how he feels about me anymore, and hasn't been sure for the past couple of weeks. The problem is I really like him still and we're part of the same friendship group and we have the same lessons. He's had a lot going on with himself for the past few weeks, and I'm not sure what I should do because he wants to try and make us still work, even though he's the one unsure about his feelings. I'm just really confused about what I should do, or what I can do
Original post by Sam.B57
I've recently been told by my boyfriend that he's not sure how he feels about me anymore, and hasn't been sure for the past couple of weeks. The problem is I really like him still and we're part of the same friendship group and we have the same lessons. He's had a lot going on with himself for the past few weeks, and I'm not sure what I should do because he wants to try and make us still work, even though he's the one unsure about his feelings. I'm just really confused about what I should do, or what I can do

Suggest taking a break- he'll either realise how much you mean to him over the weeks, or it'll cement his feelings to the contrary. Really though, you gain nothing being in a relationship where the love or affection is just one way. Better to be single than trapped in that- you're worth more than that and need to remember that.
Allow yourself a break OP and him.
You two do need space for reassurance and reflecting back upon certain issues.
Reply 3
Original post by Sam.B57

Hes cheating. Dump that son of a gun.
Reply 4
Original post by jenkinsear
Suggest taking a break- he'll either realise how much you mean to him over the weeks, or it'll cement his feelings to the contrary. Really though, you gain nothing being in a relationship where the love or affection is just one way. Better to be single than trapped in that- you're worth more than that and need to remember that.

But would it be possible to take a break without screwing up the friendship group, I'm not the best at making friends and I really don't want to have to leave the ones I've got because things become awkward between me and him :frown:
Original post by Sam.B57
But would it be possible to take a break without screwing up the friendship group, I'm not the best at making friends and I really don't want to have to leave the ones I've got because things become awkward between me and him :frown:

If they can't cope with you taking a break, they are crap friends and frankly not worth having. In time you'll see how fickle a lot of people you perceive to be your "friends" are- at your age I didn't appreciate that, years on I do.
Reply 6
My instinct would be to save some humiliation and get the dumping in first. Hope I'm wrong and that things work out for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending