The Student Room Group

Can I bring a member of the opposite sex into same sex accomodation?

So I'm really not fussed what accomodation I got. I didnt really set any preferences, I just had a look at the room and the price and found the best on for me and went ahead and booked it. What I didnt see is that it was same sex- but I really dont mind this and dont have a problem with sharing with all girls (I am a girl myself). However, I want to be able to have my boyfriend/male friends over where I live, but I dont know if this is allowed??? I didnt think about this at all when I booked my room and I cant change it. I dont want to make any of the women I'll be living with feel uncomfortable, but I also want to be able to see my boyfriend on a regular basis and cook with him ect. I really dont want to be that ******* roomate that makes everyone uncomfortable. Should I just ask everyone in the dorm if they are okay with it? I feel like that's a solid plan. I'm still worried though. I dont really know what to do.
Original post by Han1123
So I'm really not fussed what accomodation I got. I didnt really set any preferences, I just had a look at the room and the price and found the best on for me and went ahead and booked it. What I didnt see is that it was same sex- but I really dont mind this and dont have a problem with sharing with all girls (I am a girl myself). However, I want to be able to have my boyfriend/male friends over where I live, but I dont know if this is allowed??? I didnt think about this at all when I booked my room and I cant change it. I dont want to make any of the women I'll be living with feel uncomfortable, but I also want to be able to see my boyfriend on a regular basis and cook with him ect. I really dont want to be that ******* roomate that makes everyone uncomfortable. Should I just ask everyone in the dorm if they are okay with it? I feel like that's a solid plan. I'm still worried though. I dont really know what to do.

There will be rules, you need to check what they are.
Original post by Han1123

Is it possible for you to go to his or their accommodation instead when you want to see them? That would solve the problem if you can't change it.
It’s probably solvable with a conversation once you have been around everyone for a week or two and made friends, just ask would you mind if my boyfriend comes next weekend. Most people won’t have an issue if you’re respectful & he is. If you have shared bathrooms this would be potentially a bigger issue.

You could also try & trade into shared accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending