The Student Room Group

Chemical Eng vs Accounting&Finance

Heres my situation, i'm worried about mainly getting a job after uni (if I do get a good grade ofcourse), I am not sure which is more competitive.
I previously decided on doing Chemical Engineering and applying to: Loughborough, Aston, Hull, Manchester (Foundation) and a undecided 5th.
However for Accounting and Finance caught my attention when I believe I may have a chance in getting into a high university such as: Reading, Warwick for a foundation year. (Heard they have good prospects).
Honestly as a individual, there's no lying that I am motivated by money (So if I do go with Finance and get into Warwick for a F.Y, I will aspire to be I.B). So I want to do what I will get more money from (wrong attitude obviously). I enjoy Mathematics a lot, and currently really enjoy the statistics unit (may have a relation to finance). So any advice in what I should do? A2 predicted AAB - Maths Chem RE.

Opinions please? If you feel the need to criticise, please be straight up about it - Thanks
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by harvingill
Bump

You can do finance stuff after graduation with an engineering degree, but the reverse isn't true. Worth taking into consideration.
Reply 3
But wouldn't it be harder to get into I.B and stuff with engineering especially from a uni that's not top10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending