The Student Room Group

Should I Do History Or English Literature A Level ?

I'm in the process of choosing my a levels , I know I want to be a nurse and I also know that I am definitely doing biology and psychogy however I was also going to do sociology with probably English literature or history. But after hearing how prestigious and respected they both are, I am now wondering whether I should do biology, psychogy, history and English lit or whether I should just do the 3 I was originally going to do and decide between either history or English. Bearing in mind I'm a rather slow reader and don't enjoy reading a great deal , should I just do history ?
It literally makes no difference if you want to be a nurse just do whatever you prefer / are best at, but you still have to be a good reader for history...
You can do both if you're capable but you already have another facilitating subject (biology) so you should be a strong candidate if you just pick 1 out of the 2 and take it to A2 along with Biology (provided you get good grades)

As someone who's doing/done both History and English Lit, I suggest History. Far more interesting, far more relevant to the real world and honestly I've enjoyed it much more than English Lit.
Reply 3
Original post by grassntai
You can do both if you're capable but you already have another facilitating subject (biology) so you should be a strong candidate if you just pick 1 out of the 2 and take it to A2 along with Biology (provided you get good grades)

As someone who's doing/done both History and English Lit, I suggest History. Far more interesting, far more relevant to the real world and honestly I've enjoyed it much more than English Lit.

Thanks for your help & btw one of the colleges I'm applying won't let me do history or English lit AS so now I'm thinking about applying to study AS chemistry , and was wondering if you knew anything about AS chemistry ?

Quick Reply

Latest