The Student Room Group

My A-Level Subjects - suitable for Law?

I know there aren't any real specifications for a Law degree - but I'm in Year 12 and currently taking History, English Lit, Biology and Chemistry - and I'm planning on [hopefully!] taking all 4 subjects to A2.
My GCSE results were also OK - 4A*s and 5 A's. So do I stand a chance of getting into Law at, say, UCL or Bristol?
Reply 1
;rant;
Your A-levels are highly appropriate for a law degree. Universities don’t specify particular subjects however if your applying to UCL or Bristol then traditional subjects such as history and English lit are good choices. Don’t waste your time by worrying about your GCSE's. Most people get there university place’s based on their A-level predictions.

However you will need to do an LNAT exam if in order to do a law degree at UCL or Bristol and possibly in the following years this might be a compulsory exam taken by all students applying for an LLB. The outcome of the test will allow universities to see which candidates have the relative skills needed to do a law degree. On the subject of GCSE most universities place far more emphasis on A-level results rather then you’re GCSE's.
brightxburns
I know there aren't any real specifications for a Law degree - but I'm in Year 12 and currently taking History, English Lit, Biology and Chemistry - and I'm planning on [hopefully!] taking all 4 subjects to A2.
My GCSE results were also OK - 4A*s and 5 A's. So do I stand a chance of getting into Law at, say, UCL or Bristol?

Yes you do stand a good chance along with a good LNAT score.
Reply 4
kirstinx
;rant;

I second this.
Reply 5
Serenity
I second this.

thirded lol

Latest

Trending

Trending