The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Does anyone know if we will have reading weeks and if so are the scheduled or just random?
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 261
Anyone know if we have reading weeks and if so are they scheduled of random? Thanks 👍🏼😊
Reply 262
What was posted on a different thread from a Salford uni Rep

Hi everyone
Yes, just to clarify, we do have a third semester but it's for courses that start in the new year, and also for Nursing/Midwifery courses, where you'll be on placements throughout the year, not just during term times! For other undergraduate courses which start in September, you wouldn't have the third semester.
Hope that helps
Janet
Reply 263
Thank you so much.
I've got a big event to attended in October don't want to miss class so was hoping we had a free week it was a long shot I know haha
Reply 264
Original post by KikiG88
Thank you so much.
I've got a big event to attended in October don't want to miss class so was hoping we had a free week it was a long shot I know haha

No worries
Yeah no break in October but nice long summer to make up for it :biggrin:
Anyone doing counselling and psychotherapy xx
Original post by ggking
What was posted on a different thread from a Salford uni Rep

Hi everyone
Yes, just to clarify, we do have a third semester but it's for courses that start in the new year, and also for Nursing/Midwifery courses, where you'll be on placements throughout the year, not just during term times! For other undergraduate courses which start in September, you wouldn't have the third semester.
Hope that helps
Janet

SO what are the actual term dates? I've looked at that table where it makes it seem like we're In all summer and feel so dumb for not being able to figure it out XD
Heey, anyone studying diagnostic radiography at Salford university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madeofstone1804
Hi, is anyone studying BA Journalism in September? :h:

Hello there!

I hope you have found others who will be studying the same course. If not, be sure to follow the BA Journalism Facebook page and @UosJournalism on Twitter :smile:

I studied Journalism for 3 years here and absolutely loved it!
Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best.

Fiza
Hi All,

We're so glad that you are joining us at the University. If you have any questions please ask @UoS_Studentlife on Twitter. They are really quick at responding.
Original post by SalfordUni
Hello there!

I hope you have found others who will be studying the same course. If not, be sure to follow the BA Journalism Facebook page and @UosJournalism on Twitter :smile:

I studied Journalism for 3 years here and absolutely loved it!
Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best.

Fiza

Hi! Did you study multimedia journalism? Can you tell me what the exam in the first year is like and what you actually do in the TV and radio modules? Also, how many essays are involved in the first year of the course? Thank you:smile:
Reply 271
Original post by KikiG88
Anyone know if we have reading weeks and if so are they scheduled of random? Thanks 👍🏼😊

whether you have reading weeks or not will depend on your course. pretty much all of my friends had reading weeks, but physics didn't. and they're scheduled i believe.
Original post by madeofstone1804
Hi! Did you study multimedia journalism? Can you tell me what the exam in the first year is like and what you actually do in the TV and radio modules? Also, how many essays are involved in the first year of the course? Thank you:smile:

Hey,

I studied Broadcast Journalism. I graduated about a year ago so I was in my first year 3 years ago. I liked first year, they ease you into everything. It's all about learning new skills and then by second year you will have picked up some skills such as how to write news stories, how to film shots for TV, how to write a news bulletin, how to write for print news and much more. In second year you apply everything you learnt in first year and for me I realised then, that my strength was Online Journalism! I love TV Journalism but after second year my love for Online just grew. It's all really exciting with lots of practical involved.

Don't worry too much about the essays - I found that there was a lot of support from lecturers as well as from class mates. My advice would be, do not leave anything last minute, once you get an assignment, break it down so you understand exactly what you need to do and don't be afraid of asking lots of questions. And try your best to hand everything in on time if you can :smile:

I vaguely remember the one exam I did in first year, I do remember the lecturer helped us prepare lots!

You will really enjoy it - Best 3 years for me, ever!!!

Click here for more specific info in regards to Multimedia Journalism.

Hope this helps.

All the best.
Fiza
Anyone get on a course via that Salford alternative entry route
Whens freshers? 14-19th or 21-25th?
Original post by Talisman689
Whens freshers? 14-19th or 21-25th?

14th-19th I believe :smile:
Original post by Chantaii
14th-19th I believe :smile:

So do we move in on the 14th and start lectures on the 21st? Seems odd that our freshers is different to everyone else's
Original post by Talisman689
So do we move in on the 14th and start lectures on the 21st? Seems odd that our freshers is different to everyone else's

You can move in any time between the 14th-21th (just book a time slot online). Welcome/ induction week begins on the 21th and then courses should begin on following week, which is monday 28th... Well psychology does anyway :smile:
Original post by Chantaii
You can move in any time between the 14th-21th (just book a time slot online). Welcome/ induction week begins on the 21th and then courses should begin on following week, which is monday 28th... Well psychology does anyway :smile:

Ah okay, so we practically have 2 freshers weeks? :L when are you moving in? :smile:
Is anyone else studying adult nursing?

Latest

Trending

Trending