The Student Room Group

Help , Uni I want to go to doesn't accept my course

Hi,
Basically I want to go to Coventry to study event management but they only accept an equivalent of 3 A-levels.

For BTEC extended diplomas they want a BCC -280 UCAS.
But for my course which is an ordinary BTEC Diploma -280 UCAS they don't accept although it still comes up to 280 UCAS.

I emailed them and said they want a minimum of 3 - A levels and do not base it on UCAS points.

Bear in Mind they accept 280 UCAS equivalent to 3 - A levels but not 280 UCAS equivalent to 2-A levels

Should I still apply or do I have no chance :frown:
Original post by Gcseenglish
Hi,
Basically I want to go to Coventry to study event management but they only accept an equivalent of 3 A-levels.

But for my course which is an ordinary BTEC Diploma -280 UCAS they don't accept although it still comes up to 280 UCAS.

I emailed them and said they want a minimum of 3 - A levels and do not base it on UCAS points.

Bear in Mind they accept 280 UCAS equivalent to 3 - A levels but not 280 UCAS equivalent to 2-A levels

If you emailed the department and they said it's not acceptable, I'm afraid it's probably not worth applying. Some universities will haggle, others are quite set in their requirements. They probably want people to have experience of sitting exams, unfortunately.
Original post by Gcseenglish
Hi,

If they have said they won't accept your qualification, then they won't accept it.

If your heart is set on this specific course, you could ask them if they would consider you if you took an additional qualification, e.g. 1 a-level next year, but obviously you would have to wait a year to apply for entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending