The Student Room Group

A level physics

Hi, as I'm reaching the end of my school life, and entering the "wonderful" world of a levels :biggrin:, I am looking at what subjects to study. I have always wanted to study physics (wanting to be a pilot). I have completed my core science gcse and got a b in both papers, but in the controlled assessment I went with two people who took the year 10 gcse a little to relaxed. Because I didn't take the controlled assessment serious enough, I came out with a D in the controlled assessment which brought my overall grade down to a C. We have done two mock papers of the gcse and I got a B in one and A in the other.
I have been looking at the requirements for a level physics and all colleges require science BB, whereas I can now only get CB.
So I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help get into a level physics, because like I said it was only my controlled assessment that brought me down to a C.
Reply 1
Could you redo the controlled assessment? Several people in my year did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ferret1
Could you redo the controlled assessment? Several people in my year did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, if we want to redo the science controlled assessment, we have to redo the entire course!
Reply 3
Original post by cork428
No, if we want to redo the science controlled assessment, we have to redo the entire course!

Ouch. Not great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speak to one of your teachers and explain the situation- explain that the grade is preventing you from doing what you want to do. If there's enough time you should be able to redo it and hopefully get a higher grade however it might be a little stressful as the retakes are usually near the final exams! A few people in my class are going to have to retake theirs for the same reason. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest