The Student Room Group

Is LLB Law and Politics as good as straight Law?

Ok so basically I got an offer from Cardiff Uni yday for Law and Politics (LLB) but the other unis Ive applied to are just for straight Law.

Even tho the law and politics degree is a qualifying law degree, will law firms prefer a straight law candidate?

And would it be possible to ask Cardiff to let me switch and do a straight Law degree?
Law and politics is designed so that you could, by choosing the appropriate law options, obtain the usual exemptions from legal professional examinations, or alternatively you could focus on subjects in the School of Politics and International Relations. The degree is aimed at those who wish to pursue a career in which knowledge of both the legal and governmental systems is of major importance, and should appeal especially to those wishing to study public policy in its legal context.

If you have no interest in politics I would defiantly consider asking to change!
Original post by JessicaLucy09
Law and politics is designed so that you could, by choosing the appropriate law options, obtain the usual exemptions from legal professional examinations, or alternatively you could focus on subjects in the School of Politics and International Relations. The degree is aimed at those who wish to pursue a career in which knowledge of both the legal and governmental systems is of major importance, and should appeal especially to those wishing to study public policy in its legal context.

If you have no interest in politics I would defiantly consider asking to change!

Dont get me wrong, I'm definitely interested in a future in politics one day, but first I'd like to practise Law. So would law firms prefer I did straight law? Or is having an LLB degree sufficient?

The course is very highly thought by employers. The fact you have had experience of the law and politics is hugely impressive.

Original post by JessicaLucy09

The course is very highly thought by employers. The fact you have had experience of the law and politics is hugely impressive.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending