The Student Room Group

Which university to firm

My first year did not go to plan so I'm having to make up for it this year but my predicted grades are pretty low. However, my teachers know I'm capable of getting higher grades so i applied to slightly ambitious unis. I have the same offer from UEA, Leicester and Kent but I was wondering if anyone knew which of these would maybe have the least competitive economics course so the uni may be more lenient if i don't make the grades.
Original post by tyrome34
My first year did not go to plan so I'm having to make up for it this year but my predicted grades are pretty low. However, my teachers know I'm capable of getting higher grades so i applied to slightly ambitious unis. I have the same offer from UEA, Leicester and Kent but I was wondering if anyone knew which of these would maybe have the least competitive economics course so the uni may be more lenient if i don't make the grades.

I think the most leiniant of these Universities would be UEA but it differs year to year. I will say however that if you don't think you are going to get the grades you are predicted then you really should get them changed.

You get two choices to make and if you don't get those two because you were aiming at universities above what you could reach then you could end up in a worse position after clearing than being honest with yourself from the start.

It is a gamble that might pay off but it just depends how close you get to your predicted grades.
Reply 2
Original post by LordPhylogeny
I think the most leiniant of these Universities would be UEA but it differs year to year. I will say however that if you don't think you are going to get the grades you are predicted then you really should get them changed.

You get two choices to make and if you don't get those two because you were aiming at universities above what you could reach then you could end up in a worse position after clearing than being honest with yourself from the start.

It is a gamble that might pay off but it just depends how close you get to your predicted grades.

Thank for the reply, could you explain why you think uea would be the most lenient. Also, I have other unis to have as insurance but I want to have an ambitious one as my firm. it will keep me motivated. I'm on track to do better than my predicted grades, especially with resits. buts its requiring a huge effort and I'm worried I may not be able to keep motivated. The way I see it, id rather just get into a decent uni through clearing than go to a bad one
I loved Kent when I went to visit for economics & they do very well on the economics league tables. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending