The Student Room Group

LSE 2015 Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by smv2
Hello,

Might find these links useful:

1) https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enquiries/enquiry.html?a=4&q=444&searchString=
2) https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enquiries/enquiry.html?a=4&q=450&searchString=reinstatement&scope=2
3) https://lfylive.lse.ac.uk/lfy/tc/enquiries/enquiry.html?a=4&q=490&searchString=reinstatement&scope=2

Try deferral first. If you are not given a deferral, fill in the re-instatement form by september this year.

I got my 2015/16 offer after re-instating my 2014/15 offer

Thanks. Yes, I'll probably try asking a deferral... I just wanted to have an idea of how likely they are to grant it - I heard they don't do it very often, but no idea if that's true.
Reply 281
Original post by dguerra
Thanks. Yes, I'll probably try asking a deferral... I just wanted to have an idea of how likely they are to grant it - I heard they don't do it very often, but no idea if that's true.

Hi,

I applied for deferral. The next day I was told I was not given one. So I went for re-instatement. I got the latter though
If you accept the LSE offer, I guess you are legally bound by it, right?
Reply 283
Anyone else got an offer for the M.Sc. Statistics? :smile:
(Also no financial support for those interested...)
Reply 284
facebook group for '15 entry?
Reply 285
Original post by MonaLisaSmile7
Anyone applied for a program with the Social Psychology Department -- or has received an offer or rejection? I'm anxiously awaiting response for the MSc in Social and Cultural Psychology. Best of luck to all! :smile:

Applied for the MSc in Social and Public Communication since October. Got waitlisted... still waiting on a response
Reply 286
Original post by Deep456

I don't think so. I mean you are not compulsorily required to do anything. Even if you accept the offer and fill in the fees form, you are not liable to pay the fees.

I think you will be 'legally bound' once you officially register at LSE on 22nd September.

Hope this answers your question
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deep456

No, not at all. I accepted 3 offers two years ago from various unis (including LSE) and didn't go to any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
Hello anyone got funding from the Graduate Support Scheme?
Hey aloblack,

I am also applying for the Diploma in Accounting and Finance.
Have you heard anything?
Also, what is your background?
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
No, not at all. I accepted 3 offers two years ago from various unis (including LSE) and didn't go to any.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, what? Why? And what unis?
Reply 291
I feel almost sick. In the 8th week and no word from msc economics. Has anyone else heard?
Original post by kennn
I feel almost sick. In the 8th week and no word from msc economics. Has anyone else heard?

I got my LSE tracking ID on 13th for MSc economics didnt hear anything yet :/ when did you get yours?
13th dec*
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 293
Getting into MSc Economics would be so cool. It's a hot program
Reply 294
Original post by s_muntazir
I got my LSE tracking ID on 13th for MSc economics didnt hear anything yet :/ when did you get yours?
13th dec*

I got mine on the 8th of December
Reply 295
people who have gotten offers, when did you get them? The website says 6-8 weeks but its killing me and I'm starting to feel like I'll never hear back! I'm applying for Msc Economic History if you're interested.
Reply 296
Also everyone is talking about 4 emails and I'm confused as to what that means, I think I only got two or three, but I have my tracker and it says under consideration ...
Original post by kennn

I guess it's not a bad sign if you still haven't heard after 7 weeks. I applied to MSc Economics like two weeks ago so it seems I have quite a wait in front of me. :smile:
Reply 298
Hi, Unfortunately I'm very behind on my application and hoping to complete my application by next week? Will this greatly hinder the likely hood of my application being successful. I'm applying for International Relations and Global Politics. I go to a R.G. but have a mixture of past results due to ill health, but am on course for at least a 2.1. Any/all advice would be really appreciate :-)
Reply 299
Original post by ExtraK
Hi, Unfortunately I'm very behind on my application and hoping to complete my application by next week? Will this greatly hinder the likely hood of my application being successful. I'm applying for International Relations and Global Politics. I go to a R.G. but have a mixture of past results due to ill health, but am on course for at least a 2.1. Any/all advice would be really appreciate :-)

I once applied on Jan 04 and got my offer on Jan 17. But then I had send in my application by November the previous year and was only waiting to submit my GMAT score (my remaining document) on Jan 04.

If your program is not very popular at LSE, I think you might have a chance. Check whether applications are still open for your course. What else is remaining in your application process?

You should also consider the time taken by your referees to submit their references and by LSE to verify these references. Just send in your incomplete application now and later (within next week) submit all remaining documents.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending