Scroll to see replies

Current qualification: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science
Prediction grades: D*DD
University course choice(s): Diagnostic Radiography
University options & entry requirements:
1) Bangor University (DDM)
2) Cardiff University (DDM)
3) University of Derby (DMM - DDM)
4) University of West England, Bristol (DDM)
5) University of Leeds (DDD)

Any offers/expecting offers?:
I'm hoping to get offers from all of them, but I'm still waiting for my teacher to write my reference so it can be officially sent off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by steelman1000
great!! what are your subjects and predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the btec extended diploma in business, predicted D*D*D* so 420 ucas points. I have a B in both my english and maths. I rang Birmingham to ask about GCSE grades and apparantley btec students are required to have
B's in English and maths Gcse? Have you been to any open days?

Oh and also my LNAT is booked for 5th of December and I am bricking it! :frown:
Original post by rkhan57
I'm doing the btec extended diploma in business, predicted D*D*D* so 420 ucas points. I have a B in both my english and maths. I rang Birmingham to ask about GCSE grades and apparantley btec students are required to have

this is really confusing now because I emailed them concerning GCSE requirements for law and they said they don't require any specific GCSEs as long as I have maths and English at grade C. oh well haha, have you got any offers yet and oh it could be that they require a B in English and maths because of the course you intend to do. what course are you applying for if you don't mind me asking 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkhan57

oh sorry just saw the LNAT bit haha and GOODLUCK lol. where else have you got offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
oh sorry just saw the LNAT bit haha and GOODLUCK lol. where else have you got offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My application was sent on Thursday I have received no offers yet, I applied at Leeds, Sheffield, York, Birmingham & Newcastle. As you can see I went all out with my offers but if I get at least ONE offer I would be happy because they are very good universities.

Also yes Birmingham maybe lenient with you since you have obtained an A level.
Original post by rkhan57
My application was sent on Thursday I have received no offers yet, I applied at Leeds, Sheffield, York, Birmingham & Newcastle. As you can see I went all out with my offers but if I get at least ONE offer I would be happy because they are very good universities.

Also yes Birmingham maybe lenient with you since you have obtained an A level.

haha WOW!! your choices are really risky😱 but am sure you'll receive offers haha and yeah I think that could be the reason for the GCSEs😄. do you think the LNAT is just common sense stuff?😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hie everyone

Current qualification: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Software Development

Prediction grades: D*D*D*

University course choice(s): BSc Computer Science

1) King's College London (DDD)
2) Queen Mary University of London (D*D*D)
3) The University of Salford (DDM)
4) University of Manchester (pending)
5) University of Birmingham (pending)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
haha WOW!! your choices are really risky������ but am sure you'll receive offers haha and yeah I think that could be the reason for the GCSEs������. do you think the LNAT is just common sense stuff?������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know so risky I am bricking it but most people at our college who completed their extended diploma last year got accepted into good unis like Manchester and Leeds.
The LNAT is so difficult, apparently supposed to be harder than some a level exams. It is not common sense at all, but it's annoying that you can't revise for it (other than doing past papers).
Original post by rkhan57
Haha I know so risky I am bricking it but most people at our college who completed their extended diploma last year got accepted into good unis like Manchester and Leeds.
The LNAT is so difficult, apparently supposed to be harder than some a level exams. It is not common sense at all, but it's annoying that you can't revise for it (other than doing past papers).

OMG!! no way!! thought it was just common sense stuff...wow! thanks for the heads up ! and yeah it's good to brick it sometimes haha because 9k is a lot and would be well worth it at a decent uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
OMG!! no way!! thought it was just common sense stuff...wow! thanks for the heads up ! and yeah it's good to brick it sometimes haha because 9k is a lot and would be well worth it at a decent uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have done only a bit of revision and I'm going to do 1 hour a day (exam is 5th December) when are you booking the exam? I booked it at the start of November and they had all been booked so I had to do it in December so I would suggest booking it before hand.
Reply 30

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also when did you send your application and how long did it take to get your first offer?
haha will be sending it off this week, but have heard of people who receive offers in a few days. however it goes, I will update you😄 and what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
haha will be sending it off this week, but have heard of people who receive offers in a few days. however it goes, I will update you������ and what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Application was sent on Thursday and all universities replied with acknowledgement of application of Friday. Still waiting but I will also update :smile:
Original post by rkhan57
Application was sent on Thursday and all universities replied with acknowledgement of application of Friday. Still waiting but I will also update :smile:

wow! that's great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
wow! that's great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmingham replied today saying my application has been seen by the admissions team but now has been forwarded to the admission tutor for further consideration. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad :frown:
Reply 35
Current qualification: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Construction & The Built Environment
Predicted grades: D*D*D
University course choice(s): Civil Engineering/Civil & Structural Engineering

1) Leeds (D*DD)
2) Liverpool University (D*DD)
3) Cardiff (DDD)
4) Birmingham (DDD)
5) Brunel (DDM)

Any offers/expecting offers?: Really want Leeds! they have gone quite low in the ranks for civils this year, does that have much of an impact on volume of applicants? I loved the uni and the tutors seemed fantastic!
Reply 36
Original post by rkhan57
Birmingham replied today saying my application has been seen by the admissions team but now has been forwarded to the admission tutor for further consideration. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad :frown:

That's a good thing mate. It means you have met standards so it would be going into further consideration for the final decision.

I've applied to Birmingham and I received the same message you have last week.

Hopefully it's good news.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rkhan57

that's great news man!! shows that you'll be more likely to get a positive response quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
that's great news man!! shows that you'll be more likely to get a positive response quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a offer from University of Leeds today :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by rkhan57
I got a offer from University of Leeds today :smile:

That's fantastic news! Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending