The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Open Day Interview

So I have an offer from Uni of Bath and I've been invited to their chemistry open day which involves not so much an interview as just a chat I suppose, where I get the chance to ask them questions as well as vice versa.

There are one or two things I'm planning on asking but other than that I've done my research and I can't really think of anything. I know it's a bit silly but I just don't want to sound disinterested (especially as I'm not) so is there anything worth asking that I might not have considered?

Thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by tarahealy
So I have an offer from Uni of Bath and I've been invited to their chemistry open day which involves not so much an interview as just a chat I suppose, where I get the chance to ask them questions as well as vice versa.

There are one or two things I'm planning on asking but other than that I've done my research and I can't really think of anything. I know it's a bit silly but I just don't want to sound disinterested (especially as I'm not) so is there anything worth asking that I might not have considered?

I think you feel a bit more pressured than you should, in all they probably won't remember you from the open day by the time you start. JUst enjoy yourself
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

From what I can recall from when I went to the chemistry applicants day, in my informal interview we mostly talked about the course which made me think of a few questions. Also you might find some of the stuff which is talked about before hand makes you think of some questions.

Hi tarahealy

Congratulations on our offer from Bath.

I am a final year student here at Bath studying chemistry so good choice of course! I have really enjoyed my time here at Bath, don't worry about the applicants day all the staff in the chemistry department are really friendly. The interview is more of an informal chat just so they can learn a bit more about you and you can learn about the department. Even having a few questions is a good start so don't worry about appearing disinterested, and you might even think of a couple more when you visit.

If you have any questions about being a chemistry student at Bath please feel free to ask.

I also help out on the open day campus tours so I might even see you there.

Good Luck

Claire

Quick Reply

Latest