The Student Room Group

Philosophy and ethics a level help

I'm in year 12 and i'm currently taking chemistry, biology, maths and history. I really don't like maths and i'm struggling. I've spoken to my teachers and they said I could drop it and take 3 AS levels alongside the Extended Project Qualification.... OR I could take philosophy AS level instead. I realise I'm going to have to catch up on LOADS of work because its already November and I'm scared i'm going to fall behind in all my other subjects. Taking 3 AS levels and an EPQ would definitely be the easier option but I'm aspiring to go to Oxbridge/Russel Group universities and I'm worried they wont accept me with just 3 A levels.

HELP?!?!
Original post by ktz
I'm in year 12 and i'm currently taking chemistry, biology, maths and history. I really don't like maths and i'm struggling. I've spoken to my teachers and they said I could drop it and take 3 AS levels alongside the Extended Project Qualification.... OR I could take philosophy AS level instead. I realise I'm going to have to catch up on LOADS of work because its already November and I'm scared i'm going to fall behind in all my other subjects. Taking 3 AS levels and an EPQ would definitely be the easier option but I'm aspiring to go to Oxbridge/Russel Group universities and I'm worried they wont accept me with just 3 A levels.

HELP?!?!

You can get into RG with 3 a levels just make sure you get good grades.
Reply 2
ktz
OP
Original post by blondelocks
You can get into RG with 3 a levels just make sure you get good grades.
but surely it will make me less of a candidate compared to people with 4 A levels?
Original post by ktz
but surely it will make me less of a candidate compared to people with 4 A levels?

Maybe, doesn't mean you wont get into a RG though. I know people who've gotten RG unis on just 3 a levels and I know people who've gotten into RG unis with BBC so trust me, achieve good grades and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest