The Student Room Group

Best summer holiday destinations for a small group of 20 year olds?

Me and 3 or 4 other girls are looking at a holiday next summer.

Our main requirements are ideally some kind of decent nightlife scene. We don't want hard partying - we did Napa when we were 18. We do, however, want some cool bars and places to go out every night, just not the big grimy clubbing places like Kavos, Malia etc.

Those places tend to be rammed with 16-19 year olds anyway - we'd kind of like some more early 20s aged people to meet as we'll all be entering our final university year rather than 17 or 18 year olds lads who have just finished their AS or A2s.

We are also not primarily going for clubbing/partying, we wanted a good mix between a decent nightlife and nice beaches (unless the hotels have really good pool areas).

Someone suggested Tenerife in Playa de la Americas area, but I heard that's quite mellow (hence probably not lively enough for us) and full of 30-40 year olds who go for stag and hen weekends.

Any suggestions!? Any other spanish or greek islands perhaps?
Also has anyone been to Hvar and can tell me about the age range?
Reply 1
Playa in Tenerife does have good nightlife! My brother and his girlfriend have been twice and they love nightlife and were never bored! Tramps is said to be the best club in the Canary Islands and is in Playa, it has had some great DJ's go (including Vernon Kay and Judge Jules :smile: ). It also has lovely beaches and great activities - I have been to Playa twice and Siam Park is the BEST water park ever! They have great excursions such as dolphin and whale watching and island tours and scuba diving. Tenerife would be my first choice :smile:
I'm all about Croatia! You find that it has the good party scene, but then heaps of cultural things to do as well. Dubrovnik, as beautiful as it is, does have a very heavy party scene that can kind of overtake the beauty of it at times, but overall, there is still many things to do and see in the area.

For something quieter, head out to Markarska, amazing markets, beaches and a cave bar!
Reply 3
Original post by swyles17
Playa in Tenerife does have good nightlife! My brother and his girlfriend have been twice and they love nightlife and were never bored! Tramps is said to be the best club in the Canary Islands and is in Playa, it has had some great DJ's go (including Vernon Kay and Judge Jules :smile: ). It also has lovely beaches and great activities - I have been to Playa twice and Siam Park is the BEST water park ever! They have great excursions such as dolphin and whale watching and island tours and scuba diving. Tenerife would be my first choice :smile:

Thanks for the insight :smile: I'll have a look.

Original post by Topdeck Travel
I'm all about Croatia! You find that it has the good party scene, but then heaps of cultural things to do as well. Dubrovnik, as beautiful as it is, does have a very heavy party scene that can kind of overtake the beauty of it at times, but overall, there is still many things to do and see in the area.

For something quieter, head out to Markarska, amazing markets, beaches and a cave bar!

We thought about Croatia, but it was mostly the costs that was the issue. I've been to Croatia before.
Reply 4
Try Syria.
^ Not serious are you?

Australia (might be too expensive)
Cancun, Mexico (still may be too expensive)
Antalya, Turkey?
Lebanon(Beirut)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest