The Student Room Group

A level Phyics is many confuse

I'm 1 term into doing Physics at A-level and I'm finding it so difficult. I admit I haven't fully committed to revision, but even then I end up more confused than when I started. Its like ok, there is a thing called conventional current and I know what it does, but then I need to find out why it does that for me to fully accept it and most of the time there isn't really a reason. I've got an electricity test tomorrow and I know I'm going to get a U like the 2 previous test. Just asking for any pointers from people who have done it or doing it. Thanks.
Original post by LonelyBeef
I'm 1 term into doing Physics at A-level and I'm finding it so difficult. I admit I haven't fully committed to revision, but even then I end up more confused than when I started. Its like ok, there is a thing called conventional current and I know what it does, but then I need to find out why it does that for me to fully accept it and most of the time there isn't really a reason. I've got an electricity test tomorrow and I know I'm going to get a U like the 2 previous test. Just asking for any pointers from people who have done it or doing it. Thanks.

http://1drv.ms/1rSy5Tu
My notes on electrics

Yes I doubt the only understanding error is not understanding why conventional current is flowing. Obtaining a U is demonstrating a complete lack of understand on almost all aspects of the course.
Reply 2
Original post by LonelyBeef

If you need more explaining around the subject (lord knows I do), I'd suggest looking into either one-on-one tutoring, or a small group tutoring. The problem with teachers in schools is that they have to finish the course by certain deadlines, or they won't have time to teach everything they need to. I've been going to tutoring for about two months now, and my grade in tests has gone from an E to a B. It really depends on how you learn best, but I'd suggest giving it a go, as it may help in the long term.
Reply 3
I guess I need to just step up and revise more, the notes are really helpful, I appreciate it! And to be honest I don't think tutoring is for me, but should the situation become really dire I think I'll give it a go. Thanks guys :wink:
hi i would recommend revision guides as they have condensed easy to understand notes and exam question. Really helpful tbh. http://cgpbooks.co.uk/
I don't know why but I found A2 easier than AS physics?! :confused: Beginning of AS physics was quite hard for me
Oh well, I got a copy of the CGP revision guide and the AQA textbook
After finishing a chapter/topic at school, I would make my neat revision notes then, so it builds up over time and I won't have to be rushing when exams approach.
I did all the past papers for revision and went to a tuition centre regularly which helped
Ask your teacher if you could spend 30 mins or something to go through topics you don't understand.
The EMPA's in both years brought my grade down :frown: would've got an A*
(Btw I did AQA syllabus A)

pm if you need help

Quick Reply

Latest