The Student Room Group

Is it weird to enjoy crying?

Like when I'm alone & bored I like watching videos on Youtube that makes me cry, things I can empathise/sympathise with. I sometimes like the feeling it gives me aside when I'm deeply thinking about something that reduces my to tears. Is this lame? Can anyone relate? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

its a little weird if you do it a lot and enjoy it
Original post by Multitalented me
Like when I'm alone & bored I like watching videos on Youtube that makes me cry, things I can empathise/sympathise with. I sometime like the feeling it gives me aside when I'm deeply thinking about something that reduces my to tears. Is this lame? Can anyone relate? :smile:

Well sometimes I enjoy doing it to unload my emotions, but that's only like once a month, and I don give a donkeys ass that I'm male, screw you sea world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I don't think its weird to enjoy crying every now and again. You probably need the emotional release and that is why you enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, it's a way of release.
Reply 5
Like when I'm alone & bored I like watching videos on Youtube that makes me cry, things I can empathise/sympathise with. I sometime like the feeling it gives me aside when I'm deeply thinking about something that reduces my to tears. Is this lame? Can anyone relate? :smile:

Are you being serious?

Are you male?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No - it relieves stress and makes you feel better. I enjoy a good cry once in a while.
Original post by MrMango
Are you being serious?

Are you male?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He/she is not a sheeple and not afraid of crying, although 'enjoying' it all the time might not be so healthy

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, it's perfectly normal (look up catharsis).

It's possible emotional crying releases endorphins. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090116110600AAIECYK :smile:
Nah, last time I proper cried I had a 5 hour headache afterwards. That was not enjoyable.
I cried today because of faze pamaj.
There are 3 types of tears physiologically speaking. One is natural tear barrier present at all times that provides lubrication. The other is tears that is in response to an irritant e.g. dust and we cry to remove it. The third is tears out of emotion, joy or sadness. This type of tear was found to have different composition to other types of tear. It contains certain chemicals that trigger stress and anxiety. Which is why it can be helpful to cry as overall is reduces stress and makes you feel better,
Original post by MrMango
Are you being serious?

Are you male?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So being emotionally sensitive and empathetic is not masculine? I suppose every man should be a cold, stoic individual who cares about no one else. :rolleyes:
Reply 13
If you specifically enjoy the act of crying... yes, that would be weird.

If you're enjoying the circumstances surrounding it (e.g. joyous tears caused by a wedding) or even the release of pent up emotion, no.
Like when I'm alone & bored I like watching videos on Youtube that makes me cry, things I can empathise/sympathise with. I sometimes like the feeling it gives me aside when I'm deeply thinking about something that reduces my to tears. Is this lame? Can anyone relate? :smile:

It's not weird at all. It's a very cathartic and above all, human, emotion.

I do it sometimes when I'm in the mood. Either, like you say, at touching YouTube videos, or I'll put on a DVD that I know is a tearjerker, and just enjoy the experience. I feel 10x better afterwards, without fail. :smile:
Original post by FATchristopher
There are 3 types of tears physiologically speaking. One is natural tear barrier present at all times that provides lubrication. The other is tears that is in response to an irritant e.g. dust and we cry to remove it. The third is tears out of emotion, joy or sadness. This type of tear was found to have different composition to other types of tear. It contains certain chemicals that trigger stress and anxiety. Which is why it can be helpful to cry as overall is reduces stress and makes you feel better,

I really wish this weren't true.

If by holding it in I'm bathing my brain in stress chemicals, what is happening to me when I cry and am left feeling sore, sick and depressed? I dunno if it's healthy but I feel a good 3 or 4 times better if I don't cry.

To OP, I have no idea if it's healthy or safe or not, but I really can't relate as I find crying so unpleasant and makes me feel like crap after.
Original post by Drunk.Monk
I find crying sexy. Sometimes I play with myself whilst listening to sad songs like do they know it's christmas. It's the best release of tension.

No OP I do not think you are weird. I dont think I like to cry, but I definitely feel better for it after.
However I do find it rather peculiar that one would cry and listen to sad songs whilst playing with them selves..ha
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
I really wish this weren't true.

If by holding it in I'm bathing my brain in stress chemicals, what is happening to me when I cry and am left feeling sore, sick and depressed? I dunno if it's healthy but I feel a good 3 or 4 times better if I don't cry.

To OP, I have no idea if it's healthy or safe or not, but I really can't relate as I find crying so unpleasant and makes me feel like crap after.

What are you crying about though if you don't mind me asking? (Sorry but I think this might be important)

Maybe for the short term you don't feel as bad as you are just putting stresses and worries etc. aside and forgetting about them. But obviously it can build up and come to a tipping point which I would assume is unhealthy.
Nah, well, it's certainly not unacceptable. I make myself cry all the time whenever things get a bit too much for me and I feel heaps better afterwards.
Reply 19
It's weird to enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending