The Student Room Group

Exam stress

Hey guys,

I can’t sleep the night before an exam and I am scared this will affect my performance (usually it doesn’t) I would like to know how do you deal with it? And please don’t tell me the usual, it doesn’t work 😭
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
heyyy, as weird as it sounds i cry as much as i can so i start to feel relaxed and dizzy and fall asleep.
Reply 2
Original post by meli77
Hey guys,

I can’t sleep the night before an exam and I am scared this will affect my performance (usually it doesn’t) I would like to know how do you deal with it? And please don’t tell me the usual, it doesn’t work 😭

Watch a comedy, do a puzzle, play games -> relxing is key.
Original post by meli77
Hey guys,

Hey @meli77,

How I deal with it tends to depend on whether these are back-to-back exams or if you have a day between them. I'm more of a night owl and do most of my work and revision at night time.

Of course the best advice is to be fully prepped and ready to go and get your full 8 hours of sleep the night before an exam, but this doesn't always work for everyone. There's lots of things that can keep you up, you've got revision running through your head, the stress of "what if I oversleep and miss my alarm", the panic that if you fall asleep you'll forget everything you've learnt!

Exam season is a stressful time, but you need to do what works for you. You've said that this doesn't normally affect your performance, and as long as you're not burning yourself out there's nothing wrong with flipping your sleep schedule around for a couple of weeks. Just make sure that you're catching up on sleep after each exam and take care of your physical and mental health as you go 📑🤯

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest