The Student Room Group

nhs scientist training programme 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannahlou12
Urgh - it really HAS been such a long process, hasn't it?! It's been driving me (and by proxy, my boyfriend) crazy.
There are only 7 places for neurophysiology, but I can only really accept a place if they offer one of my top 3 location preferences. So it seems even less likely that I will get a place I can accept. Otherwise I will have to re-apply next year.....
Are you flexible on location? Best of luck - hope you get a place!
:-)

Thank you! Yes, I'm lucky in that I can pretty much go anywhere, though there are a few places I might have to think carefully about, especially when it comes to transport links as I don't drive (at least not yet!) I'm ready for a change of scenery actually - I live in London, which I love, but it is so ridiculously expensive to live here now. It would be a lovely change to live somewhere where rents are reasonable!
Best of luck to you too, I hope you get one of your top 3! :smile:
No status updates today by the looks of it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cardiac status is now saying interview complete.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reserve....gutted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got cardiac reserve too. Managed to somehow get an offer for vascular but it's in Plymouth, the furthest one possible from where I am now!
I got the "Interview complete" status... Can someone please help me with what that means at this stage?! :confused:
Original post by hopeful_
I got the "Interview complete" status... Can someone please help me with what that means at this stage?! :confused:

For Genetics, I was told 'Interview complete' means you are on the reserve list.
Original post by Coops12
For Genetics, I was told 'Interview complete' means you are on the reserve list.

Ok thank you. I shall keep my fingers crossed!
Neurophysiology status has changed too!
Has anyone's status changed yet for audiology? Nothing for me yet!
Original post by Susanna75
Has anyone's status changed yet for audiology? Nothing for me yet!

Nope, not yet.
Original post by PosionedMushroom
Nope, not yet.

Thank you! I will try to stop refredhing Oriel at some point...
Reply 1392
No updates for Respiratory yet.
Congratulations to all those with offers so far.
I really hope the Audiology results come out today too. The tension is killing me! It's been tough waiting last for everything so far. Well done to those with offers and good luck to everyone still waiting :smile:.
Reply 1394
Original post by hopeful_

I applied for genetics as well and my status changed interview complete before I got an email the next day with an offer (at the same time as everyone else got offers and others got an email saying they were a reserve). As someone else said, interview complete doesn't necessarily mean you are on the reserve list, you might get an offer.
I got offered my first choice of location for neurophysiology!! So excited! Really thought I had failed on the values station and that meant I was out. Good luck to those waiting to hear x

That's excellent!! Many congratulations :smile:
I got offered my first choice of location for neurophysiology!! So excited! Really thought I had failed on the values station and that meant I was out. Good luck to those waiting to hear x

hey hannah, i'm abbey, i think you're the girl I shared the taxi back with from the interview to the station. so pleased to hear you got the offer you wanted! I've been offered for neurophysiology too, not my first choice of place but I'm still so pleased & definitely going to accept! those guys on the values station must've had a very good poker face haha.
Reply 1397
Interview complete for audiology ...........
I'm on reserve for Audiology. Better than unsuccessful, but it means up to two more weeks of waiting before I know definitively. I was hoping all that would be over!
Reply 1399
Offer made for Sheffield! I'm in shock

Quick Reply

Latest