The Student Room Group

I asked out a girl. She said she needed the weekend to think about it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Interstellar ? Rly ? Could have chosen something less serious or more romantic - doesn't matter that much tho ( could be a bonus if your both into science )

You know what your doing OP , take it slow . Just try and "crack her nut" if you know what im saying , she's obviously a bit difficult so just really try and make an effort in getting to know her , the pressures on you to hold conversations etc but if shes worth it this shouldnt be that much of a problem .

Keep us updated

To be honest, we both want to see the film since it's a Nolan film and it's got positive reviews. We'll have something to talk about afterwards and that's probably the 'best chance' to get more closer to her. I'm not talking complete intimacy but break that awkward barrier. [Still haven't done it yet]
UPDATE

Last night around midnight, I sent her a message asking 'whether you want to go dinner after the movie'. She didn't reply. She actually read the message and I realised first thing in the morning. There's been no contact till now when she just asked 'why weren't you in Uni'. I didn't go into Uni today due to waking up late. She's pretty much skipped the question i've asked her.

So do I address her current question? Or do I ask her why she hasn't answered mine.?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LeftArmOrthodox
UPDATE

Last night around midnight, I sent her a message asking 'whether you want to see a film afterwards'. She didn't reply. She actually read the message and I realised first thing in the morning. There's been no contact till now when she just asked 'why weren't you in Uni'. I didn't go into Uni today due to waking up late. She's pretty much skipped the question i've asked her.

So do I address her current question? Or do I ask her why she hasn't answered mine.?

Just play it cool , just answer her question first and then reply with "so do you still want to see a film this friday" , if she doesn't want to go hopefully she can find the balls to say so .
UPDATE

Last night around midnight, I sent her a message asking 'whether you want to see a film afterwards'. She didn't reply. She actually read the message and I realised first thing in the morning. There's been no contact till now when she just asked 'why weren't you in Uni'. I didn't go into Uni today due to waking up late. She's pretty much skipped the question i've asked her.

No idea why im coming up as anonymous
Just play it cool , just answer her question first and then reply with "so do you still want to see a film this friday" , if she doesn't want to go hopefully she can find the balls to say so .

I actually meant to say that I asked her whether she wanted to go dinner after the movie.
How hilarious it would be if she was reading this fred. :tongue:
Interstellar ? Rly ? Could have chosen something less serious or more romantic - doesn't matter that much tho ( could be a bonus if your both into science )

You know what your doing OP , take it slow . Just try and "crack her nut" if you know what im saying , she's obviously a bit difficult so just really try and make an effort in getting to know her , the pressures on you to hold conversations etc but if shes worth it this shouldnt be that much of a problem .

Keep us updated

Really depends on the girl, I'd personally hate to be taken on a date to see a romantic film I don't enjoy them at all.
Lol at asking her if she wants go to dinner after the movie. You don't have to ask her permission every time you want to do something. Are you paying for whole thing or half?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
She's going out with him you idiot.

looks like you didn't see my post below that post...guess i'm not the one looking like an idiot now...
I actually meant to say that I asked her whether she wanted to go dinner after the movie.

ahh right , makes sense . Dinner is forcibly more of a move into the non platonic region so its understandable that she's a bit anxious as she obviously isn't all that comfortable with intimacy . I think in this situation i'd just go through with the date , and then go for a walk or something where your just talking and offer to buy her something to eat . Try and make it all natural , you want her to enjoy herself.

Just ignore her blanking of your text , th
Original post by Gambit92
Lol at asking her if she wants go to dinner after the movie. You don't have to ask her permission every time you want to do something. Are you paying for whole thing or half?

I presume half. Before this, we went as friends to get dinner somewhere and we paid for ourselves. I think she's more of the type that wants her to pay for herself. She doesn't like others paying for her. I can totally respect that.
There's gonna be an update all the way till their kid graduates from university :laugh:
ahh right , makes sense . Dinner is forcibly more of a move into the non platonic region so its understandable that she's a bit anxious as she obviously isn't all that comfortable with intimacy . I think in this situation i'd just go through with the date , and then go for a walk or something where your just talking and offer to buy her something to eat . Try and make it all natural , you want her to enjoy herself.

Just ignore her blanking of your text , th

Fair enough, I'll save any more moves till later on.
Original post by accountant-future
There's gonna be an update all the way till their kid graduates from university :laugh:

:tongue:

To be honest, I'm going to keep posting updates till both of us are comfortable in a relationship. This is the first time for both of us and she's really shy. So I'm going to need a bit more support with this problem. TSR has been great to me by giving quite a few good advice. So it's been worth it!
:tongue:

To be honest, I'm going to keep posting updates till both of us are comfortable in a relationship. This is the first time for both of us and she's really shy. So I'm going to need a bit more support with this problem. TSR has been great to me by giving quite a few good advice. So it's been worth it!

Please keep the updates all the way through, nice story so far :cool:
Reply 95
Good luck my man, it could be a case of taking it easy if the girl is as fragile as she is :smile:
Original post by bittr n swt
looks like you didn't see my post below that post...guess i'm not the one looking like an idiot now...

Nope.

He proves all your alpha dude bro bull**** wrong. :u:
I've been friends with this girl at uni for 3 months now. I finally managed to ask her out yesterday. I found a quiet place in the Uni and said I had feelings for her.

She then went silent for 5 seconds. I looked into her eyes and it showed she was stunned.

She said, would you give me the weekend to decide? I say yeah, take as much time as you need. Then that was it

What do I make of this?

give her time....she'll reply back to u if u've not heard from her then can't really say unless shes shy to say it...just wait all the best
give her time....she'll reply back to u if u've not heard from her then can't really say unless shes shy to say it...just wait all the best

Agreed. I guess giving her time's the best thing to do.
Reply 99
Sounds like an awkward sod but if you're that into her as you sound it's worth a try :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending