The Student Room Group

Am I just overthinking or did my crush try to avoid me?

I have a big crush on this girl in the classes I go for the past 1 month. She is within 21-23 age range and I am also 23 and I have been talking briefly with her. We just don't get the chance to meet and talk often due to being in different classrooms. The last time we talked was 2 days ago and it was a decent conversation. She is very pretty almost model like whereas I look pretty nerdy in my glasses but have a decent height of 5'9 or 5'9.5 (174-176 cm) which is well above average where I live.

But today during lunch time, I ordered some noodles so I was waiting outside the institute to collect the order and I was listening to songs putting my earphones in my ears. Suddenly i saw her coming in cab for the classes. Idk whether she saw me or not standing there but it felt like probably did see me a bit. After she got out of the taxi and paid the fare, she pretty much ran inside the institute in a hurry. Then i went to the cafeteria of the institute there and was talking with my friends and saw her there. She was with her friends. My friends told me to go talk with her but as she was with friends I was hesitant to talk to her. Idk whether she saw me in the cafeteria or not but she and her friends then went off to their class.

So I am overthinking now whether she is avoiding me or not as she almost ran in a hurry for the classes after getting out of the taxi and then again went to class from the cafeteria with her friends. She seemed comfortable enough 2 days ago when we were talking and she smiled too and said me Hi. Idk whether she was in hurry about going to classes due to being late or something or whether she was running from me. I still do sound a bit nervous while talking with her plus i am scared that what if one of her classmate told her i have a crush on her because 2 of her classmates knows that i like her even though they promised me they won't say about it to her. Maybe i am just overthinking but still it sucks that i have to wait till Monday before I can meet her again and will probably spend the weekend overthinking about this.
Reply 1
Overthinking it. And pick more carefully who you discuss your crush with; it's a bit immature all round to be gossipy at age 20+.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have a big crush on this girl in the classes I go for the past 1 month. She is within 21-23 age range and I am also 23 and I have been talking briefly with her. We just don't get the chance to meet and talk often due to being in different classrooms. The last time we talked was 2 days ago and it was a decent conversation. She is very pretty almost model like whereas I look pretty nerdy in my glasses but have a decent height of 5'9 or 5'9.5 (174-176 cm) which is well above average where I live.
But today during lunch time, I ordered some noodles so I was waiting outside the institute to collect the order and I was listening to songs putting my earphones in my ears. Suddenly i saw her coming in cab for the classes. Idk whether she saw me or not standing there but it felt like probably did see me a bit. After she got out of the taxi and paid the fare, she pretty much ran inside the institute in a hurry. Then i went to the cafeteria of the institute there and was talking with my friends and saw her there. She was with her friends. My friends told me to go talk with her but as she was with friends I was hesitant to talk to her. Idk whether she saw me in the cafeteria or not but she and her friends then went off to their class.
So I am overthinking now whether she is avoiding me or not as she almost ran in a hurry for the classes after getting out of the taxi and then again went to class from the cafeteria with her friends. She seemed comfortable enough 2 days ago when we were talking and she smiled too and said me Hi. Idk whether she was in hurry about going to classes due to being late or something or whether she was running from me. I still do sound a bit nervous while talking with her plus i am scared that what if one of her classmate told her i have a crush on her because 2 of her classmates knows that i like her even though they promised me they won't say about it to her. Maybe i am just overthinking but still it sucks that i have to wait till Monday before I can meet her again and will probably spend the weekend overthinking about this.

1) Your overthinking, judging from the situation she was in a rush or had plans. You have not made yourself known to her as a love interest she likely doesn't acknowledge your one sided love either, step up broski and tell her you like her and wanted to know if you can take her out on a date to know her better.

Mate if she declines; she declines - simples, but don't get hung up on a chick you in a campus full of them.

Oh and like the other matey said, don't gossip, act your age broski.
Reply 3
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
1) Your overthinking, judging from the situation she was in a rush or had plans. You have not made yourself known to her as a love interest she likely doesn't acknowledge your one sided love either, step up broski and tell her you like her and wanted to know if you can take her out on a date to know her better.
Mate if she declines; she declines - simples, but don't get hung up on a chick you in a campus full of them.
Yeah that's true. I am a shy and introvert person and afraid of rejection so I am still nervous to tell her that I like her. I never had a girlfriend before. Idk why but I still mentally feel 14-16 even at the age of 23. I still feel that I am a teenage boy mentally. Maybe that's because I never had a girlfriend before and I was too shy near girls in my entire teenage life. I only started getting out of my shyness after the age of 21. I am still a bit shy and nervous even now at 23 but better compared to my school days.
Reply 4
I think you’re reading way too much in to this, stop worrying. But there is a risk from what you say of coming across too intense and it’s a good idea not only to talk with very pretty girls. Widen you scope a bit to and try to relax
Without meaning to sound nasty, I'll be very very surprised if anything ever happens between you and this girl.

It's not that there's necessarily anything wrong with you, but simply you're not listening to any advice given to you. This is the 3rd thread you've started on this subject, and in all of them people are telling you exactly the same things (to work on your shyness), but you don't seem to be willing to do anything to help yourself.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7453205

For example, this weekend, instead of merely overthinking and stressing about how you're not going to see her until Monday, you could have used this time to seek viable ways to work on your shyness / assertiveness (and possibly your appearance).

The other thing is you repeatedly say how pretty this girl is and how nerdy and geeky you look. What are you doing to improve your appearance, and therefore your chances? If she's as pretty as you're making out... even if she hasn't got a boyfriend, chances are other people are also interested in her as well (I'm assuming she's got a life outside of college, so you've no idea how you stack up against guys she's meeting elsewhere). For all you know one of them could be a 6 foot hunk with abs you could grate cheese off.

Just bite the bullet and ask her if she wants to do something. Then you know where you stand. As others have said, if she's not interested (or has a boyfriend), it's not a big deal; you just move on.

Moreover, Easter break is just around the corner, if you're like this over one weekend, what are you gonna be like when college is closed for a couple of weeks?

Original post by Jang Gwangnam

Maybe he hasn't explicitly said that he likes her, but let's be real here... If a guy starts randomly talking to a girl, chances are she'll know (or suspect) that he's interested in her (especially if they're not in the same classes, or friendship groups... and there's no common talking point). Therefore, either she'll make it easier for him to talk to her, or she'll keep her distance and hope he gets the hint.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending