The Student Room Group

Talking to a girl, not sure if she likes me or what to do.

I met this girl on an online dating app.

We matched a few weeks ago and got to talking. We seemed to get along and got a good vibe. Seemed we were kinda after similar things, and had similar interests too so I asked her if she wanted to meet up/ go on a date.

Eventually we found a time that worked for both of us that was like a week later and we met. We had planned to do an activity, but neither of us booked it and everything was busy.

We instead walked around and chat, and eventually went to a coffee shop and just sat and chat. We spoke about a lot of different things, some general stuff about like things we like to do, holidays, about our families and stuff like that. There wasn’t anything I would say to emotionally deep given it was a first date and we’re getting to know each other. We spoke about and I mentioned I’ve been in a relationship before but she hasn’t, in fact this was her first date.

After the date, we both said we enjoyed it and should go out again. Since then tho, I’m not sure how it’s going or if she’s still interested in me.

We’ve been talking but replies have got slower than they were before, and I’m kinda trying to save more in-depth / real stuff for when we meet in person cos it’s hard to talk about stuff in message I think personally. Her answers are not yes/no one word, but they’re kinda short to before but I don’t know if that coz of work.

She works 2 jobs weekdays and weekends and can work longs shifts too, and one of them’s really active so she’s out and around sometimes. She messages or replies usually in the morning and but more in the evening, and they’re quicker than in the day. Sometimes in the day she’ll reply, but not much, which I get with work.

I work full time, but hybrid so I’m more flexible in the week and weekend and my work is at a desk/office so not so demanding.

After our date, I said to her to let me know when she’s next free and we’ll then go out again. I’ve dropped strong hints about it since, making jokes about her to not forget to book the activity, we were talking about food/places to eat so I mentioned along the lines “ill take you there/next time I see you etc. She acknowledges it and hasn’t outright brushed me off

I asked her on the weekend just gone on the off chance with the hot weather if she wanted to go out in the evening. She said she was working till midnight so fair enough

The conversation is going, I’m wary that she just might not be interested anymore but maybe doesn’t wanna say it, or maybe doesn’t even realise , I dunno. I don’t wanna waste energy if it’s not really gonna go anywhere, but don’t wanna close the door if it’s just a simple case of being busy or not used to it. Would be useful to get a women perspective in this too, if you’re in or have been in the same situation.

Yes, I’m fully aware the obvious solution would be to just ask her outright, when are we going out next orto give her a date, or ask point blank if she’s still interested. No problem if she doesn’t like me but would be nice to know.

I guess at the same time, would be nice to know from the outside if I’m overthinking things or not, or what else I can to should do or look out for.
Original post by Anonymous

We matched a few weeks ago and got to talking. We seemed to get along and got a good vibe. Seemed we were kinda after similar things, and had similar interests too so I asked her if she wanted to meet up/ go on a date.

Eventually we found a time that worked for both of us that was like a week later and we met. We had planned to do an activity, but neither of us booked it and everything was busy.

We instead walked around and chat, and eventually went to a coffee shop and just sat and chat. We spoke about a lot of different things, some general stuff about like things we like to do, holidays, about our families and stuff like that. There wasn’t anything I would say to emotionally deep given it was a first date and we’re getting to know each other. We spoke about and I mentioned I’ve been in a relationship before but she hasn’t, in fact this was her first date.

After the date, we both said we enjoyed it and should go out again. Since then tho, I’m not sure how it’s going or if she’s still interested in me.

We’ve been talking but replies have got slower than they were before, and I’m kinda trying to save more in-depth / real stuff for when we meet in person cos it’s hard to talk about stuff in message I think personally. Her answers are not yes/no one word, but they’re kinda short to before but I don’t know if that coz of work.

She works 2 jobs weekdays and weekends and can work longs shifts too, and one of them’s really active so she’s out and around sometimes. She messages or replies usually in the morning and but more in the evening, and they’re quicker than in the day. Sometimes in the day she’ll reply, but not much, which I get with work.

I work full time, but hybrid so I’m more flexible in the week and weekend and my work is at a desk/office so not so demanding.

After our date, I said to her to let me know when she’s next free and we’ll then go out again. I’ve dropped strong hints about it since, making jokes about her to not forget to book the activity, we were talking about food/places to eat so I mentioned along the lines “ill take you there/next time I see you etc. She acknowledges it and hasn’t outright brushed me off

I asked her on the weekend just gone on the off chance with the hot weather if she wanted to go out in the evening. She said she was working till midnight so fair enough

The conversation is going, I’m wary that she just might not be interested anymore but maybe doesn’t wanna say it, or maybe doesn’t even realise , I dunno. I don’t wanna waste energy if it’s not really gonna go anywhere, but don’t wanna close the door if it’s just a simple case of being busy or not used to it. Would be useful to get a women perspective in this too, if you’re in or have been in the same situation.

Yes, I’m fully aware the obvious solution would be to just ask her outright, when are we going out next orto give her a date, or ask point blank if she’s still interested. No problem if she doesn’t like me but would be nice to know.

I guess at the same time, would be nice to know from the outside if I’m overthinking things or not, or what else I can to should do or look out for.

It seems like she might not be interested in you with the way you describe asking her out for another date.
Personally I think she could have said that she's busy xxx days due to work and I'm free xx day and we can meet up then but doesn't look like she did this.

Sometimes people overthink the worse with any sort of new relationship as worrying whether or not either person wants to meet again but you can give her the benefit of the doubt 🤔🤔 over working late as depending on the type of job.

Yes it would be nice for you to know from the outset if she is actually interested in going out with you.
There's no harm actually asking her if she wants to go out for another date and see what she says and hope she will say yes but don't push 🫸🫷 her into anything okay, let her decide what she wants okay and if she says sorry I'm not interested in going out with you again then like you said move on.

Best of luck with things 😃😃😃
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

She's not into you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending