The Student Room Group

I think I like him?

I am gay. I have made friends with another guy online, and we have been chatting a lot this last week. We have really bonded because of our similar situation and through sharing gay experiences with each other, and we have a really similar outlook/attitude/opinion on a lot of matters. We have gotten kinda flirty with one another, and talk a lot about romance and love and what we want from a relationship and we are both looking for similar things. I find him cute, physically speaking, he's not exactly fashionable or trendy or anything but he's really sweet and lovely.

I think I am developing feelings for him. I think about him all the time and what it could be like if we were together and I think I would really like it. The problem is it would be long-distance (About 2 hours apart) and I don't know him in real life. I know long distance relationships can work but they take a bit more effort but I would be prepared to put it in.

I feel stupid because these feelings have come on so fast and like it could be lust rather than love. But I have never felt this way about another guy before, not even other gay ones I have spoken to online. I don't know what to do about it.
speak to him and tell him about it maybe he feels the same?
Reply 2
Original post by Safiya122
speak to him and tell him about it maybe he feels the same?

It's only been a week, I don't know If I'm coming on too strong in such a short space of time
Original post by Anonymous
It's only been a week, I don't know If I'm coming on too strong in such a short space of time

honestly that's fine, it differs for people but you've spent a lot of time communicating with each other within a week so you don't need to worry about it :smile:
Reply 4
honestly that's fine, it differs for people but you've spent a lot of time communicating with each other within a week so you don't need to worry about it :smile:

I think he may feel the same way by what was being said last night, but I don't know, I don't want to risk ruining it.
I think he may feel the same way by what was being said last night, but I don't know, I don't want to risk ruining it.

i suggest you do, otherwise you'll always be wondering and maybe he does feel the same way but he's afraid to tell you
Reply 6
i suggest you do, otherwise you'll always be wondering and maybe he does feel the same way but he's afraid to tell you

I still can't shake the feeling that it's too soon and that it's only lust because he's the first gay guy I've really got to know well, I just don't knowww
My advice is to wait it out, see if you feel the same in a month or two. I've been in so many situations where I think I like someone, but really it's just because they're gay, too. It feels nice knowing that you have a chance with someone, but you don't stop to consider what it actually means and whether or not you'd actually work as a couple.
Reply 8
Original post by herondale
My advice is to wait it out, see if you feel the same in a month or two. I've been in so many situations where I think I like someone, but really it's just because they're gay, too. It feels nice knowing that you have a chance with someone, but you don't stop to consider what it actually means and whether or not you'd actually work as a couple.

Thanks. This is good advice. Because the dating pool is that much smaller, you can be tempted to just take whatever you can get. I really do like him, but like you said I'll just have to see if the feelings persist/if he feels the same way.
I am gay. I have made friends with another guy online, and we have been chatting a lot this last week. We have really bonded because of our similar situation and through sharing gay experiences with each other, and we have a really similar outlook/attitude/opinion on a lot of matters. We have gotten kinda flirty with one another, and talk a lot about romance and love and what we want from a relationship and we are both looking for similar things. I find him cute, physically speaking, he's not exactly fashionable or trendy or anything but he's really sweet and lovely.

I think I am developing feelings for him. I think about him all the time and what it could be like if we were together and I think I would really like it. The problem is it would be long-distance (About 2 hours apart) and I don't know him in real life. I know long distance relationships can work but they take a bit more effort but I would be prepared to put it in.

I feel stupid because these feelings have come on so fast and like it could be lust rather than love. But I have never felt this way about another guy before, not even other gay ones I have spoken to online. I don't know what to do about it.

I personally think you should keep chatting to him and see how things develop. It's never a good idea to rush into things, especially if you, or the person you are talking to, is not ready. I think at the moment, as you have highlighted, things are going well and it would be silly to spoil that by jumping ahead.

Keep talking and try to get to know them more. I'm sure they would want the same. :smile:
Original post by Hachik0
I personally think you should keep chatting to him and see how things develop. It's never a good idea to rush into things, especially if you, or the person you are talking to, is not ready. I think at the moment, as you have highlighted, things are going well and it would be silly to spoil that by jumping ahead.

Keep talking and try to get to know them more. I'm sure they would want the same. :smile:

This might sound silly but I hate being the person that starts the conversation, because I feel like I annoy people :-/ like I'm not talking to him now and I'd like to, but I don't want to get on his nerves.

I would feel ready if he felt ready. But I do see your point that these things should not be rushed into.
This might sound silly but I hate being the person that starts the conversation, because I feel like I annoy people :-/ like I'm not talking to him now and I'd like to, but I don't want to get on his nerves.

I would feel ready if he felt ready. But I do see your point that these things should not be rushed into.

You are very much like me in the sense that i hate starting conversations with people over text because of that idea of feeling like a nuisance. All i can say is that in most cases if you are coming across as a nuisance the person you are talking to will most probably either tell you, or ignore your messages.

Yeah that feeling of wanting to talk but not seeming pushy is a difficult one and i totally sympathise with you. The best thing you can do is probably just have an open, honest chat with him. I always find that is the best way to clear any problems, if there are any to start with.
Original post by Hachik0
You are very much like me in the sense that i hate starting conversations with people over text because of that idea of feeling like a nuisance. All i can say is that in most cases if you are coming across as a nuisance the person you are talking to will most probably either tell you, or ignore your messages.

Yeah that feeling of wanting to talk but not seeming pushy is a difficult one and i totally sympathise with you. The best thing you can do is probably just have an open, honest chat with him. I always find that is the best way to clear any problems, if there are any to start with.

:-/

:-\

Thanks for the tips
:-/

:-\

Thanks for the tips

No problem. Always here to help. Any questions just send me a PM :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending