The Student Room Group

Advice

If you could go back in time and give your 25 year old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Not 25 years old yet thank God! But if I could give my 15 year old self one piece of advice..think there would actually be more than one but I'd say now is not the time to worry about guys and get attached to them and fall of with friends over them.
My 25 year old self... I would say STOP DRINKING SO MUCH! I am 31 now and its taken me the best part of those years to shed the weight it caused me to gain.

Education wise, I had only just started on my route into the big scary world of adult learning and I was doing just fine so I wouldn't change anything there!
"Stop wasting time on dead-end warehouse jobs and video games. Get your arse to higher education and do something that will benefit you in the long run."
Reply 4
"- What happened with uni five years ago doesn't matter. Your life will be just great without a degree for a few years yet. You're not thick or incapable - it was just the wrong degree at the wrong place at the wrong time for the wrong reasons. I know you won't believe me, but one day you'll go back to uni, ace it up to PhD level and it'll be the best time of your life!

- You are clinically depressed. It won't start getting better until you ask for help. Paying for help is fine if you have to. Do whatever feels right but FFS do *something* to help yourself. You can't keep expecting your friends and family to step in and 'save' you - it's beyond them. You'll be like this for at least another five years unless you GET HELP.

- The negative equity thing is an imaginary problem. You don't want to sell the place so stop losing sleep over it.

- Stop piling money into that pension plan. You have precious little to spare as it is, and the whole thing's going to collapse. You'll never see that money again. Put it in a long-term savings account and stay in control of it.

- Find a band called Cardiacs while you still can and go to as many of their gigs as possible. They won't be around forever and they'll make you incredibly happy.

- FFS stop putting off going to Glastonbury, because one day it'll be impossible to get tickets and rolling around in the mud for a weekend will no longer sound like fun.

- Stonehenge Festi really isn't ever going to happen again. You blew your chance. Get over it.

- Your best mate is going to join your mutual favourite band!! It'll be fecking ace!!!"

EDIT: Oh - one piece of advice, you say?! In that case, make it Point 2 above :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending