The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
I never tell a lie my dear :devil:

Correct. I was not commenting so much on objective signs of aging in the thrust of my comments in this thread but, rather, on age-related aspects of physical attraction.* The points made in relation to keturah's comments re: male aging remain valid, in some cases in terms of objective signs, but also/moreover in terms of subjective interpretation/value/salience

Just checking.

Because you know damn well these men are walking around with pot bellies and bald heads. :colonhash:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Have you read the part about the OP divorcing his wife at 24? Even though they had a son...

What ?!

Where was this ?
Original post by Anonymous

The reason that I go student clubs and take girls on dates to student bars is because I thought that this is the place where they would feel most comfortable, not for my benefit. I'll have to rethink what I am doing, ideally a girl whos just about to finish uni and is mature would be ideal. I also married a girl when I was 24, who was 18 at the time and we have a 6 year son, so its what I am used to, my last serious relationship was at that point. I guess when it's no longer a mutual attraction I would call it a day.

Original post by PrincessAlexis
x

here.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Have you read the part about the OP divorcing his wife at 24? Even though they had a son...

Do you think the child would benefit from being brought up in a loveless, angry home?

If i had a child then i'd rather be happy and see my child every few days in a happy environment than have it grow up in a house where all the parents do is argue.
Original post by Rakas21
Do you think the child would benefit from being brought up in a loveless, angry home?

If i had a child then i'd rather be happy and see my child every few days in a happy environment than have it grow up in a house where all the parents do is argue.

That's not the point
Original post by Foo.mp3
Yup. Have you read my OP?

Waitttt a second...... You're..... No........ :eek:
I don't think i will look significantly older on the day of my 22nd birthday lol.
Original post by Clip
What is the actual issue here? Are you only into girls that look 18-21, or is it girls that are 18-21?

It's fairly easy to spot an 18 year old, but as a few others have said, it's very hard to tell most 21 year olds from 25 year olds.

What happens if you start talking to a girl who looks 18-19, and it turns out she's 22? Do you immediately lose interest?

It's not a conscious choice. It is purely based on looks, I just find that when I am attracted to women that I meet, they are usually between 18 to about 20, and I would argue that it is very easy to see the difference between 21 and 25.

I'm attracted to very slim and petite women, this maybe another reason, because on average in a student club women seem much more in shape compared with a 25+ nightclub. I'm completely not attracted to curvy women or those that are not toned.

It is also about personality and fashion, I like carefree fun and energetic women that want to party and the women that I meet around 25+ seem to be content having a bottle of wine amongst friends in a bar and not hitting the town.

In terms of fashion, I love the whole sexy short shorts looks, disco pants and crop tops, you don't see many women over the age of 25+ wearing this stuff, I'm not sure if its because they would not look good in this anymore or personal choice.
Original post by vickidc18
I don't think i will look significantly older on the day of my 22nd birthday lol.

I know that and I'm not trying to be an ass, just saying that most of the time girls that are attracted to me are around 18 to 19 sometimes 20, I'm saying that there's a big difference between someone in their teens and a 21 year old, specially compared to a 25+ year old. I'm probably an extreme case anyway and I'm sure you have guys queuing up to date you so please dont take this post as personal.

:smile:
I know that and I'm not trying to be an ass, just saying that most of the time girls that are attracted to me are around 18 to 19 sometimes 20, I'm saying that there's a big difference between someone in their teens and a 21 year old, specially compared to a 25+ year old. I'm probably an extreme case anyway and I'm sure you have guys queuing up to date you so please dont take this post as personal.

:smile:

Its cool it's your life we cant tell you who to be attracted too thats your choice, do you maybe wonder it might be something deep down like did you find your late teens really exciting so you want relive it?
It's not a conscious choice. It is purely based on looks, I just find that when I am attracted to women that I meet, they are usually between 18 to about 20, and I would argue that it is very easy to see the difference between 21 and 25.

I'm attracted to very slim and petite women, this maybe another reason, because on average in a student club women seem much more in shape compared with a 25+ nightclub. I'm completely not attracted to curvy women or those that are not toned.

It is also about personality and fashion, I like carefree fun and energetic women that want to party and the women that I meet around 25+ seem to be content having a bottle of wine amongst friends in a bar and not hitting the town.

In terms of fashion, I love the whole sexy short shorts looks, disco pants and crop tops, you don't see many women over the age of 25+ wearing this stuff, I'm not sure if its because they would not look good in this anymore or personal choice.

Seems like you basically want a party girl? But surely at some point you're gonna get tired of a girl who wants to go out every night wearing hotpants? Seems like you're vicariously reliving your youth.

Also FYI I'm 26 and haven't hung up the shorts and crop tops yet, plus I'm in the best shape I've been in my life. People don't wake up on their 25th birthday old and saggy and wanting to stay in. You seem to think 25+ is middle aged. Tbh I don't see much of a difference between myself and my friends who are 21/22, I'm more similar to them than some of the people I know at work who are in their early 30s..
Original post by Foo.mp3
:confused:

Spoiler

Then I don't understand you're other post :confused:
Original post by Foo.mp3
OP = original poster / original post

(the later meaning applied to my comment, I was talking about MY orignal post in this thread)

What's your OP got to do with my comment :hmmmm2:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Congrats, but really that stands to reason as you've yet to peak, statistically speaking :beard:

Idk what you just said but thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
That's a silly opinion, at the end of the day, I have got mutual attraction with the women that I'm meeting its not like I am hitting on women who are not interested.

Did you ever wonder why your Cosmopolitan magazine bangs on about looking younger, fresh faced and gives you free moisturiser from issue to issue, maybe because that's what men value 'youth' It's not our fault and also, there's articles in the Metro "Single women in their thirties need to lower their expectations". https://metro.co.uk/2014/10/30/single-women-in-their-thirties-need-to-lower-their-expectations-4925412/ Could it be that we don't find you as attractive when your out of your twenties. Maybe its an evolutionary reason, the older a woman is the more dangerous it is and less likely that she will get pregnant.

Just saying don't blame me, blame nature, and when rich guys make their money, how times do they marry in their age range, hardly ever, must be a reason.

You sound primitive and like a women-hater.. I thought this mentality was evolving.

Well, not like you chose to be like this (Maybe?). As long as you can get your prefference to not keep you from having a happy life, I suppose it works out for you. Oh, and I don't think it's common, but really, seems like I don't know men.. You did have a point with rich dudes, made me question myself even though I don't like it. *sigh* This thread is making me sad, I'll age too and be undesireable *runs in the tornado* Nope, jk, someone will like me, so many tastes out there, gotta love them people!
Original post by MrMango
yh its called paedophilia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, its called Ephebophilia
the OP obviously has some issue to deal with with regard to 'older' women ... the simple fact is theolder you get while you still have a libido you will still get your head turned by a pretty girl , the difference is in your internal dialogue from 'stop being a letch' to ' you dirty old man' as you get older.

biological imperative says ' if there's grass on the wicket let's play cricket' becasue the pruiely reporductive side says ' get a fresh one she'll be in best nick to incubate you babies ' ( the converse is true with cougars as the reporductive imperative says is saying ' get some young hunky motile sperm while your uterus still works )
It's creepy. Stop!
Original post by Foo.mp3
It means: what you've observed is to be expected as girls tend to enter their prime in their early 20s

Spoiler

Can I use the "English isn't my first language" excuse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
how anyone can tell age between 21 and 25 is beyond me, makeup etc

Latest

Trending

Trending