The Student Room Group
I imagine it was just a way of helping Warwick build its med school up whilst it was starting. : /
Reply 2
ThePenguinMafia
I imagine it was just a way of helping Warwick build its med school up whilst it was starting. : /

Yep, I think this was pretty much the case. My cohort (2005) were the last year to use the LW course structure unfortunately, the new cohort have a much better deal. The way examinations are now set out and examined for WMS students is much better than the Leicester way which I unfortunately still have to follow. :frown:
Does that mean next year people will be able to apply for undergraduate medicine at Warwick?
Philosoraptor
Does that mean next year people will be able to apply for undergraduate medicine at Warwick?

Doubt it. I cant see how they'd support a 185-place graduate program and introduce an undergrad program also.
So what exactly is different now the partnership is ended then??
Reply 6
Tomber
I just looked at the LWMS website and it states that the partnership between Leicester and Warwick has run its course. Was this expected? I'm just intrigued as i'm trying to advise a mate of mine who is applyin to Leics to study medicine(im already a history student here). I doubt this move would have much impact on the students at either place, but thought i'd ask.

It's very old news and has been planned for and talked about for at least the last three years.

Manchester and Keele are also splitting...
Reply 7
Fluffy
It's very old news and has been planned for and talked about for at least the last three years.

Manchester and Keele are also splitting...

Not being a medical student I dont really take notice of these things sorry :redface:
Reply 8
Do a search on here... It has been discussed in the past...
Yeah, these new medical schools are beginning to take flight. Keele will be offering Keele MBChB degrees for the first time in 2007! (well, to the students who enter in 2007 anyway, so not til 2012 or something).

Latest

Trending

Trending