The Student Room Group

Badges are live.... beta rollout!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
these badges that are earned by doing something in a month - do they go away the next month?
Ssssshhhhhh, we don't want these badges taken away :redface:
Reply 82
There should be a badge for wiki editors.
I want a Coat of Arms.
Seeing as I'm nearly always in Football or H&I, I guess this encourages members to explore other parts of the site as well i.e.- Study help

No complaints from me really :smile:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Seeing as I'm nearly always in Football or H&I, I guess this encourages members to explore other parts of the site as well i.e.- Study help

Haha, yeh I definitely agree!
Original post by mr tim
these badges that are earned by doing something in a month - do they go away the next month?

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. I have the Chatterbox level 3. Didn't realise I'd posted that much in the last month :laugh: :colondollar:.
Not sure if it's like this at the moment - but are the badges different for each different level?
Reply 88
Original post by mobbsy91
Not sure if it's like this at the moment - but are the badges different for each different level?

looks the same to me on at least the chatterbox. I'm level 2, you're level 3. That's the only difference is the "level 1/2/3" part.
Will there be a way in the future added in where I can hide it from my postbit (username, avatar, rep part on the side of a post)? As you can see, I like to keep my postbit fairly stripped down. I'm not so bothered about their presence on my profile itself, I'll add.
Original post by mr tim
looks the same to me on at least the chatterbox. I'm level 2, you're level 3. That's the only difference is the "level 1/2/3" part.

Ahh ok - didn't even think of looking *facepalm*

In that case:
She-Ra
x

How about different badges/shields for the different levels?
Ahh ok - didn't even think of looking *facepalm*

In that case:

We've kept the badge design the same, only the level will change :smile: Just makes things a bit cleaner...

But in the future badges awarded for different things may have a different shape/ design :moon:

I agree maybe bronze/silver/gold/diamond?
Original post by She-Ra
We've kept the badge design the same, only the level will change :smile: Just makes things a bit cleaner...

But in the future badges awarded for different things may have a different shape/ design :moon:

Original post by tombayes

:frown: ok, but I HAVE SUPPORT :tongue:
Original post by The Epicurean
I am a bit baffled by the badges. I received a "Clever Clogs" level 1 badge which is apparently awarded to those who offer support within the Study Help forums. I don't think I have made a post in that section for years :tongue: Not sure how that works :holmes:

We've discovered that the first badge doesn't have a time limit so you recieved rep for a post in 2012 :wink: A long term investment I'd say :wink:

Original post by mr tim

They'll remain on your profile under the badges tab

Original post by Josb
There should be a badge for wiki editors.

There will be, that one is on our list too. You guys definitely deserve a badge :h: Any other suggestions?

Original post by clh_hilary
I want a Coat of Arms.

Maybe one day :moon:

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Your post has just inspired another badge idea! Maybe the football mods like yourself should have their own referee badge :rofl:

Original post by Kittiara
Yeah, I wondered the same thing. I have the Chatterbox level 3. Didn't realise I'd posted that much in the last month :laugh: :colondollar:.

You my friend have been busted :wink:
Original post by She-Ra

Can you lose badges?

We did think about those kinds of names but they run out pretty quickly? What happens after platinum?

With level 1, 2, 3 we can go on and on... just imagine level 50 :holmes:
Can you lose badges?

Once you have a badge it remains on your account :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
We did think about those kinds of names but they run out pretty quickly? What happens after platinum?

With level 1, 2, 3 we can go on and on... just imagine level 50 :holmes:

Depends on what you want e.g. there are only 12 rep gems available.
Original post by She-Ra

Maybe one day :moon:

The Arms can replace the entire profile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending