The Student Room Group

Credit Suisse - Steps to Success Programme 2015

Going to be applying for this soon! :biggrin:

Need to prep for Numericals and Verbals, They are with Kenexa if you guys want to know. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonynmous
Going to be applying for this soon! :biggrin:

Need to prep for Numericals and Verbals, They are with Kenexa if you guys want to know. :tongue:

Just submitted my application!!! :biggrin:
When did they ask for you head of year verification about predicted grades?
Reply 3
Original post by cookiemonster29
When did they ask for you head of year verification about predicted grades?

Don't worry about that - Just state your actual predicted grades, They will check if your predicted grades match up with your school.
Any of you know whether students on a gap year are considered for this?
Reply 5
Original post by SteelCookie
Any of you know whether students on a gap year are considered for this?

Yes, you can be considered for this. As long as you are predicted (or achieved) AAA and have applied to uni recently.
Yes, you can be considered for this. As long as you are predicted (or achieved) AAA and have applied to uni recently.

Thanks for that, did my application and sent everything yesterday. Now to wait :biggrin:
Reply 7
Thanks for that, did my application and sent everything yesterday. Now to wait :biggrin:

Haha good to hear! :biggrin: - Good Luck!

Curious to know what are you predicted (or achieved) and EC's?
Haha good to hear! :biggrin: - Good Luck!

Curious to know what are you predicted (or achieved) and EC's?

Achieved AAB, predicted A in FM. In terms of EC's, I'd rather not delve into it too much as it's incredibly specific. Basically it's got to do with working with some charities to teach kids GCSE sciences, maths and english. Got a few more things that I did in school in normal societies. Won a few awards along the way to go with it.

I think it's my cover letter that's a bit iffy; first one i've ever done and hopefully it's passable for them.
Reply 9
Achieved AAB, predicted A in FM. In terms of EC's, I'd rather not delve into it too much as it's incredibly specific. Basically it's got to do with working with some charities to teach kids GCSE sciences, maths and english. Got a few more things that I did in school in normal societies. Won a few awards along the way to go with it.

I think it's my cover letter that's a bit iffy; first one i've ever done and hopefully it's passable for them.

Oh ok that's fine,

No finance experience?

As for me, Predicted A*AA, Lots of IB (among other industry areas) experience, Volunteer at my school as a mentor and tutor (A-level to GCSE Sciences and Maths), Volunteer at charities, Few awards too.

Cover letter was pretty easy for me since I've done similar in the past.

Good luck!
Oh ok that's fine,

No finance experience?

As for me, Predicted A*AA, Lots of IB (among other industry areas) experience, Volunteer at my school as a mentor and tutor (A-level to GCSE Sciences and Maths), Volunteer at charities, Few awards too.

Good luck!

No finance experience whatsoever. I've used that to help me in my application though as the target for this programme is for people who have been disadvantaged/underrepresented in the banking industry.

What course have you applied for Uni? And what choices did you put for your top two?
Reply 11
No finance experience whatsoever. I've used that to help me in my application though as the target for this programme is for people who have been disadvantaged/underrepresented in the banking industry.

What course have you applied for Uni? And what choices did you put for your top two?

Chemical Engineering :smile: , Imperial, UCL respectively, and you?
Chemical Engineering :smile: , Imperial, UCL respectively, and you?

Economics, UCL and QMUL
Reply 13
Economics, UCL and QMUL

Nice!
I am about to send off my form Today!

I put LSE and UCL as my unis. I applied to the Nomura and Morgan Stanley equivalents of steps to success so CV etc wasn't a problem however the cover letter was a bit challenging. Tho i have no IB experience. ECs were not a problem, dofe, founding community clubs and doing one on one tuition with both older and younger members in my local community with maths and german.

Currently predicted A* maths A furthermaths A German and A economics with AAAB (B-economics :////) at AS
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by tazza ma razza
I am about to send off my form Today!

I put LSE and UCL as my unis. I applied to the Nomura and Morgan Stanley equivalents of steps to success so CV etc wasn't a problem however the cover letter was a bit challenging. Tho i have no IB experience. ECs were not a problem, dofe, founding community clubs and doing one on one tuition with both older and younger members in my local community with maths and german.

Currently predicted A* maths A furthermaths A German and A economics with AAAB (B-economics :////) at AS

Cool! - Good luck!
When do you think I am likely to hear about the numerical and verbal tests?
Reply 17
Original post by cookiemonster29
When do you think I am likely to hear about the numerical and verbal tests?

After the holidays.
To whom is the cover letter addressed? I've just put down 'Dear Sir/Madam' so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Also, what's the address that we put down at the top of the cover letter? Canary Wharf?
Oh ok that's fine,

No finance experience?

Good luck!

To whom is the cover letter addressed? I've just put down 'Dear Sir/Madam' so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Also, what's the address that we put down at the top of the cover letter? Canary Wharf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending