The Student Room Group

Referee question

In the UCAS section i have to complete my referee's e-mail adress and phone number. What happens if my referee has no phone number?
Original post by anastas
In the UCAS section i have to complete my referee's e-mail adress and phone number. What happens if my referee has no phone number?

I don't know what happens, but is the phone number question marked as compulsory? That means you have to give it. What I did to get all the correct details of my referee was I just copied the questions into a word document and sent it to my referee via email. Not too much later she'd sent me a reply with all the information filled out so I only had to copy it to UCAS.
Reply 2
Original post by FrauBecca
I don't know what happens, but is the phone number question marked as compulsory? That means you have to give it. What I did to get all the correct details of my referee was I just copied the questions into a word document and sent it to my referee via email. Not too much later she'd sent me a reply with all the information filled out so I only had to copy it to UCAS.

Hallooo, you're so polite you're helping me again!! :biggrin: Thank you a lot! I still haven't sent the application but insist on asking questions :colondollar: Aww nice i'll do that too!
Original post by anastas
Hallooo, you're so polite you're helping me again!! :biggrin: Thank you a lot! I still haven't sent the application but insist on asking questions :colondollar: Aww nice i'll do that too!

I clicked on this thread and only then I saw it's you :biggrin: I remember when I saw they wanted my referee's phone number and address I was a bit confused, luckily I decided to just ask her :biggrin:
Reply 4
I clicked on this thread and only then I saw it's you :biggrin: I remember when I saw they wanted my referee's phone number and address I was a bit confused, luckily I decided to just ask her :biggrin:

They are very organized and detailed with everything, that's a good thing :biggrin: I'm soooo nervous about the application :redface: What about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by anastas

It would be very unusual for them to not have a phone number. Just ask them which number they would prefer you to use. If they are expecting to provide your reference, then they will know that you need to give a phone number for them.
Original post by anastas
They are very organized and detailed with everything, that's a good thing :biggrin: I'm soooo nervous about the application :redface: What about you? :smile:

I had my mom sit next to me to check every single box I filled in because I was paranoid I'd make a mistake :biggrin: Luckily there was a "see everything" section at the end where I could see that I'd forgotten some things in the qualifications sections...
Reply 7
Original post by Klix88
It would be very unusual for them to not have a phone number. Just ask them which number they would prefer you to use. If they are expecting to provide your reference, then they will know that you need to give a phone number for them.

Thank you very much for your answer :smile: I'll do it that way.
Reply 8
I had my mom sit next to me to check every single box I filled in because I was paranoid I'd make a mistake :biggrin: Luckily there was a "see everything" section at the end where I could see that I'd forgotten some things in the qualifications sections...

Haha aww i did that too! Yeah, phewww and if everything's not completed you can't send it. Now that is a relief :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending