The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I am not sure about the answers to those questions but what I know from my experience (I had to retake most of 1st year too) is that you need to stay motivated all year. Baisically just try your best to get the highest grades you can this year and you will probably get into most those unis.
Reply 2
Hi, what grades are you being predicted? I did a similar thing like you and completely screwed up getting C/D D U U and now instead of getting predicted B's etc i am most likely going to get predicted C's and D's.
Reply 3
And also, all four of those unis will ask for either ABB or AAB, and now, they will be able to see your module grades, and resits.
Reply 4
kfskdk
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
The uni's you mentioned are quite hard to get into and they'll have loads of ppl applyin with preticted grades AAB - ABB. you have to get your ref to say you were ill during exams or something, cause i don't see you gettin and offer with those grades.
Reply 6
I'm planning to apply to Uni's with BBB to BCC, i think i'm gonna get predicted B/C, B/C, c and d however i don't know yet as i haven't been told. I believe i can do better than my predictions with BBbd and just hope the Uni's atleast give me a chance to make it there by giving me a standard offer.

Where as your's are to even higher standard Uni's and your basically doing an Intensive! I hope you do well and get into the Uni you want to go to but it looks unlikely they will give you offers.
Reply 7
jfsdl
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Som Unis will take you with ABB (for example) no matter whether you took the modules once or did retakes. But highly competitive Unis, may not, especially those where they interview and ask for more than just the grades.e.g. where they rely on the personal statement. It's mainly the top Unis that do this. Sounds like a bad plan to start asking for someone to lie for you though..
Reply 9
BTW, if you are predicted around BBC, Durham are likely to accept you. Ask Stupanico, as he keeps bragging on how awesome Durham is :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending