The Student Room Group

UCAS personal statement mistake!!!

I sent my ucas the other day and have just noticed a mistake on the opening line of my statement. The opening was ' I am interested in the increasing independence of the international states system' I put independence instead of interdependence. Btw I'm applying for IR. I'm unsure what to do, will the admissions tutor look badly on my application because of it? ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hamza_
I sent my ucas the other day and have just noticed a mistake on the opening line of my statement. The opening was ' I am interested in the increasing independence of the international states system' I put independence instead of interdependence. Btw I'm applying for IR. I'm unsure what to do, will the admissions tutor look badly on my application because of it? ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

A single mistake usually won't cause you major problems, however, it seems like this mistake changes the meaning of your opening sentence.

If you're applying through a school/college, contact your referee ASAP and ask if they have attached their reference and sent it yet. If they haven't, they can send the application back to you, so you can correct the error.
Reply 2
Thanks, it was too late to do that.
I contacted the unis telling them about the error and so far they have been ok with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending