The Student Room Group

I occasionally remember that some of the people I'm around have sex

Scroll to see replies

Dw OP sex makes me feel uncomfortable too and this is one of the reasons I'm a virgin
Reply 21
Original post by Vixen47
It's worse when it's your family you think of. :lolwut:

For me it's even worse when I'm with family and I remember that I've had/have sex. They think I'm some innocent antisocial weirdo with no life outside them. They really have no ****ing clue about what I get up to. :colone: I feel so wrong and almost guilty when I think about that side of my life when I'm around them because they still think that I'm Muslim and that I'm a virgin. :eek:

Many Muslim parents must think their kids are still Muslim and virgin when actually not. :tongue:
Erm, sounds bizarre and rather creepy. Why does it draw attention? it's a beautiful natural act of giving each other consensual sexual pleasure.
Original post by Groot
Many Muslim parents must think their kids are still Muslim and virgin when actually not. :tongue:

That's why many have the hymen restoration procedure done
Original post by Groot
Well I'm still a virgin so kind of a good boy :yes:
Original post by Pseudocode
I'm in my 20's and I've had a lot of sex. I tend not to think about it much anymore as it's something that is fairly easy to obtain and very normal. You're making it a bigger thing than it actually is.

LOL

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Ignoring that it's an odd thought to come to mind, I find it quite unsettling??

I mean , I know people have sex and it's a perfectly normal thing but I feel really uncomfortable seeing or hearing about sex typically. It's only really unless I'm in the mood where I can stand it, talking about it is ok to a degree until it gets detailed and then it's too much.

But yeah, occasionally I'm with friends and in my head it's like "That person has had sex. And it was with the person I was talking to. What" And just..

I don't know, I just find it weird that my friends have sex despite how normal it is. Does anyone else have odd thoughts that appear out of nowhere and make you really uncomfortable?

Pussy is overated don't worry bro
Ignoring that it's an odd thought to come to mind, I find it quite unsettling??

I mean , I know people have sex and it's a perfectly normal thing but I feel really uncomfortable seeing or hearing about sex typically. It's only really unless I'm in the mood where I can stand it, talking about it is ok to a degree until it gets detailed and then it's too much.

But yeah, occasionally I'm with friends and in my head it's like "That person has had sex. And it was with the person I was talking to. What" And just..

I don't know, I just find it weird that my friends have sex despite how normal it is. Does anyone else have odd thoughts that appear out of nowhere and make you really uncomfortable?

Are you a virgin?
Reply 27
Original post by holmes221
Are you a virgin?

No. Why does everyone think that if someone doesn't like the thought of sex they're a virgin?

I know friends who are virgins and they're rabid at the thought of it.

Ok people don't get me wrong, I've had sex, I like sex, ok? BUT only when I am in the mood for it as I have mentioned many times. Outside of that, which is a lot of the time, it makes me uncomfortable.
Reply 28
Original post by queen-bee
That's why many have the hymen restoration procedure done

That's a thing? :O

Isn't that an inaccurate way of telling though?
That's a thing? :O

Isn't that an inaccurate way of telling though?

Yes it's a popular procedure apparent.
I'm no sex expert :redface:
Reply 30
Original post by queen-bee
Yes it's a popular procedure apparent.
I'm no sex expert :redface:

Not sure how I feel about that :/

From what I've been learning, the hymen isn't an accurate way of proving virginity. The fact that some girls are born without, or some are very flexible and so don't 'break' during intercourse, others' are thicker and so for them sex can be more painful. It can also be torn (they don't break like a seal on a capri sun, that's a horrific thought) via riding a bicycle or a horse or ballet or any other activity that requires a lot of physical movement around that area.

So as far as I'm aware nowadays, there's no sure-fire physical indicator as to someone's virginity. [[Which tbh I'm glad of since the whole "There's supposed to be blood everywhere" thing freaks me out]]
(edited 9 years ago)
No. Why does everyone think that if someone doesn't like the thought of sex they're a virgin?

I know friends who are virgins and they're rabid at the thought of it.

Ok people don't get me wrong, I've had sex, I like sex, ok? BUT only when I am in the mood for it as I have mentioned many times. Outside of that, which is a lot of the time, it makes me uncomfortable.

Do you work hard on projects for long hours during the day?
Reply 32
Do you work hard on projects for long hours during the day?

How does that relate to anything?
Doesn't make me uneasy - unless it's family of course - but I don't get 2 (seemingly contradictory) things:

1. Why is sex such a taboo subject?
2. Why do people care how much/little sex other people are/aren't having?
Original post by jaffacake111
Doesn't make me uneasy - unless it's family of course - but I don't get 2 (seemingly contradictory) things:

1. Why is sex such a taboo subject?
2. Why do people care how much/little sex other people are/aren't having?

1. Religion / Sexually active Women treated like scarce economic resources
2. Jealousy / caused by sex being available to 50% of men
1. Religion / Sexually active Women treated like scarce economic resources
2. Jealousy / caused by sex being available to 50% of men

To clarify... I know the answers (they were the same as yours pretty much) but I don't get "WHY" - again I get the reasons but it's stupid.

Seems the only people who can get away with anything are guys who are having loads of sex and the cute commited couples.

Makes me angry!
To clarify... I know the answers (they were the same as yours pretty much) but I don't get "WHY" - again I get the reasons but it's stupid.

Seems the only people who can get away with anything are guys who are having loads of sex and the cute commited couples.

Makes me angry!

Women ( and their genitals ) are treated like economic resources because we are indoctrinated to believe that girls don't like sex at all and men need it all the time.

Girls are effectively brainwashed to feel deep shame for wanting sex outside of a relationship (this process is effective once she has become a teen, through a combination of her father and religious shaming ).

Thus we have a capitalist style model where an elite (but large elite 50%, elite perhaps not the word) if you will have more sex than others. And im not bitter, as I have been with a lot of girls :colondollar: and am pretty indifferent as a result to the jealousy / insecure not getting enough sex world.
Women ( and their genitals ) are treated like economic resources because we are indoctrinated to believe that girls don't like sex at all and men need it all the time.

Girls are effectively brainwashed to feel deep shame for wanting sex outside of a relationship (this process is effective once she has become a teen, through a combination of her father and religious shaming ).

Thus we have a capitalist style model where an elite (but large elite 50%, elite perhaps not the word) if you will have more sex than others. And im not bitter, as I have been with a lot of girls :colondollar: and am pretty indifferent as a result to the jealousy / insecure not getting enough sex world.

Yeah that makes sense. And you don't sound bitter Mr Promiscuous, haha!

Everyone likes sex (unless of course they don't!!) so I don't get why women get shamed so much. This isn't a gay vs straight issue but last time I checked it takes two (or more) people to have sex - don't get me started on the non issue of what people do alone - and so two people doing exactly the same thing at exactly the same time ... I don't see a problem.

Quite clearly and yet again religion has much to answer for.
Not so much having sex but rather one night stands, I can't wrap my head around them lol. Like knowing that people I sit in lectures with go back to their halls at night and have one night stands, I'm obviously not slut shaming or anything, they can do what they like it just seems so foreign to me.
Yeah that makes sense. And you don't sound bitter Mr Promiscuous, haha!

Everyone likes sex (unless of course they don't!!) so I don't get why women get shamed so much. This isn't a gay vs straight issue but last time I checked it takes two (or more) people to have sex - don't get me started on the non issue of what people do alone - and so two people doing exactly the same thing at exactly the same time ... I don't see a problem.

Quite clearly and yet again religion has much to answer for.

I get the impression that a lot of religions have their ideas based in military practice. In the past the men would go and fight sometimes far away distances into other countries. and the women would stay back for years (think homer's odyssey). Religion would keep women loyal fidel (think burka) until the man husband comes back.

And so this idea continues into the civilised 21st century...

Quick Reply

Latest