The Student Room Group

Did you pass your theory test on your first go?

Scroll to see replies

I passed theory second time around but only because I didn't bother revising for it I thought I could just turn up & I'll breeze through it. Passed the hazard but questions got 40/50 not 43/50 I was pissed I more less chucked £30+ down the drain redeemed myself second time round though..
Reply 21
First time both theory and practical. Used apps for the theory and bought myself the Highway Code book, every question on the test was in the book but just worded differently. Revise = pass.
How did u pass mate iam tired of take 5 time exam theory test can u give me some advice please
Sadly, the test is quite luck-based, I know of many people who have claimed they got lucky because the questions they struggled with didn't come up and passed first time. I personally failed my first test (40/50) as hardly any of the questions I had revised came up. To further prove this, I looked at my previous results on my mock tests on the 4 in 1 app and passed around 80% of the time easily (including my initial attempts before revision), I also did 6 more mock tests just after my actual test (each in 10 minutes or less) and still passed every time.

The points per question should be between 1 and 4 based on how accurate the answer is because there are definitely people who do not know anywhere near as much as people who failed and still passed because they have a 1 in 4 chance of guessing the correct answer. Whereas someone who gets the answer wrong but knows the answer is between two options get 0 marks.

They also have clearly made it harder as the pass rate has declined every year to the point where most people who take it fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending