The Student Room Group

Students: Will you be studying over Christmas?

I'm a first year and the end of term now means I need to catch-up on all the work I probably should have been doing during term lol. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I'll start next weekend. Quite a lot of catching up, reading over and assignments I need to do. :/

oh yeah and a presentation and an exam to prepare for.
January will be joyful:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes, unfortunately. I'm in my final year now and I am drowning in project work, haven't even looked at my revision for the Jan exam yet. Boooo.
I didn't the past two years but now I'm in final year I'm going to have to because I have coursework due in January and have to constantly be working on my dissertation. Honestly though, if you're in first year don't bother, it'll probably be the last long holiday you get at Christmas time where you can relax and do absolutely nothing.
Yes, I have 6 exams to look forward to in January.
Sadly yes, have exams in January and coursework due in!
Yep, got 3 essays due the first week back.
Well I have a couple of assignments due the week I get back so yeah I guess so :frown:
Reply 8
yes! mock exams second week back. :cry:
Yeah, I have 3 exams in Jan
Hell no, exams are in December at my uni, so I'm free over Christmas!
Yep. Research to come up with a good proposal for my independent study - research some ideas, look at past studies, think of a specific topic, proposed method, etc etc.

Make a proper start on my dissertation - got my project idea but need to research the specifics (performance measures and design issues etc), write up a proper proposed rationale and method, and start on my lit review.

Finish off a stats portfolio. Not got too much to do for it so should be done soon after Christmas. I have a tutorial with my lecturer on 23rd December though, so I'll definitely be up at uni then...!
Reply 12
have a biochemistry lab report to do due in on the 5th Jan and a lot of reading to catch up on so it's a yes...in amongst charity bike rides and sportives...and hopefully seeing the boy!
Reply 13
I've got an English GCSE in Jan but it is just Reading a passage from a book, answering questions then write our own story. I will try to revise for that. I think I got a Welsh GCSE coming up but the highest I've ever had in Welsh is an E while I'm getting Bs in ICT.
Nope. I finished one set of modules before Christmas with tests then, and I start different ones after Christmas. So no work to do! I might do a bit of reading, though, so I don't forget everything.
Yes, 2 exams in January.
Yes but not for uni as I am taking a break from that. I will be studying for my driving theory test on 30th Dec

Posted from TSR Mobile
One exam and a 50 page report due in. Most of my deadlines/exams are in december this year though
unfortunately-yes.
although i'm in my first year, i have mocks in january and i need to try and wrap my head around chemistry, as most of it just isn't sinking in :frown:
Original post by 1501
yes! mock exams second week back. :cry:

you're very lucky, we have our mocks first day back :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending