Original post by Angelo12231
Haha what a journey!

Im 45mins by bus

Pffft, I'm envious :lol:
Original post by Neuth
Pffft, I'm envious :lol:

:cool:
Original post by victoria98
Yeah :smile: I'd guess so? She hasn't told me anything about it- the only e-mail I got from her was the one that said I've been shortlisted. No further details. But I don't think they'd bother inviting us to this if we weren't going to get a placement. Did you find out anything about yours?

Yeah mines in KCL doing something to do with cell signalling and other complicated sounding stuff,
Does anyone else's placement overlap with results day? Do you think we would get a day off or half a day off at least?
Reply 665
Original post by Nisr123
Does anyone else's placement overlap with results day? Do you think we would get a day off or half a day off at least?

Depends on what the people you're working with say, I guess. I doubt it'd be a problem though :h:

Do you have to pick up your results in person?
Original post by Neuth
Depends on what the people you're working with say, I guess. I doubt it'd be a problem though :h:

Do you have to pick up your results in person?

I think I do have to go get them because afterwards I need to go an enrol back into my sixth form because they won't let you stay if you completely fail and they will want to know what subject we are dropping then I think...
Reply 667
Original post by Nisr123
I think I do have to go get them because afterwards I need to go an enrol back into my sixth form because they won't let you stay if you completely fail and they will want to know what subject we are dropping then I think...

You'll probably have to take the day off then :yep:
Are you close to your placement? Maybe you could go for half the day?

We get our results on an e-mail :erm:
Original post by Neuth
You'll probably have to take the day off then :yep:
Are you close to your placement? Maybe you could go for half the day?

We get our results on an e-mail :erm:

I am maximum an hour away depending on how busy it is so I will just have to ask and see how it goes xD I wish I could get my results by email! I hate the fact that I had to physically open an envelope with people all around watching and expecting so much of you. I fear the pressure of people around me more than my actual results on that day xD
Reply 669
Original post by Nisr123
I am maximum an hour away depending on how busy it is so I will just have to ask and see how it goes xD I wish I could get my results by email! I hate the fact that I had to physically open an envelope with people all around watching and expecting so much of you. I fear the pressure of people around me more than my actual results on that day xD

I probably won't open my e-mail though - I'll leave it closed for as long as I can :redface:
I hate the idea of looking at letters which mean so much :')

I'm sure your supervisors would be fine with it though :smile:
Hi,

So ive heard from my supervisor that my placement might be inside kent, which is REALLY FAR from where i live. if i tell her this, will i lose the chance to undertake a nuffield placement?
Original post by Feraligatr
And I would get my CREST Award in 2015 if I did the placement right? :redface:

Yep, apply as soon as you get your Gold CREST award.

Also for London students, it's worth emailing Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, they held 2 placements last yr and another the year before.
Original post by selenerrr__x
Yep, apply as soon as you get your Gold CREST award.

Also for London students, it's worth emailing Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, they held 2 placements last yr and another the year before.

Not too sure this year about cancer research. I asked my coordinator to specifically ask them on my behalf, however they apparently weren't responding to any requests for some reason... Not complaining though, got a placement at imperial but would've preferred cancer research
Has anyone heard back from the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxford region?
Original post by stuckonapuzzle
Has anyone heard back from the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxford region?

I haven't, unfortunately. What have you applied for?
Reply 675
Original post by cilla_e
Hi,

So ive heard from my supervisor that my placement might be inside kent, which is REALLY FAR from where i live. if i tell her this, will i lose the chance to undertake a nuffield placement?

How far?
I'm an hour 10 minutes away from mine :redface:

Original post by selenerrr__x

They weren't taking on any placements this year - it's a shame.
Original post by Priyanka P
I haven't, unfortunately. What have you applied for?

biochemistry/biology, you?
biochemistry/biology, you?

Maths/Engineering
Original post by Priyanka P
Maths/Engineering

Do you know any other people who've applied for our region?
Do you know any other people who've applied for our region?

No, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest