The Student Room Group

Uni application stress

Hi,
I have one week to my university deadline and I has a sort of average personal statement which im not really happy with. Im applying to Oxford, warwick, nottingham and bristol for Law.
I have a bunch of questions related to my personal statement because I have had really limited guidance.
For my personal statement: I have read articles and sat in lectures and read various academic blogs and also done a nuffield research report. BUT I haven't read any full book and i noticed that in all the personal statements people have read like 2 -3 books. Would what I have so far be enough?
Another question: Im really interested in the philosophy behind the law BUT i am applying for a LAW degree. Is it okay for me to talk about utilitarianism and its implications of the law for the majority of my personal statement?
Also, how much practice am i actually supposed to do for the LNAT because there is limited resources online. And I have two weeks to go.

Thank you so much Id really appreciate if anybody replied
Original post by mez2296
Hi,
I have one week to my university deadline and I has a sort of average personal statement which im not really happy with. Im applying to Oxford, warwick, nottingham and bristol for Law.
I have a bunch of questions related to my personal statement because I have had really limited guidance.
For my personal statement: I have read articles and sat in lectures and read various academic blogs and also done a nuffield research report. BUT I haven't read any full book and i noticed that in all the personal statements people have read like 2 -3 books. Would what I have so far be enough?
Another question: Im really interested in the philosophy behind the law BUT i am applying for a LAW degree. Is it okay for me to talk about utilitarianism and its implications of the law for the majority of my personal statement?
Also, how much practice am i actually supposed to do for the LNAT because there is limited resources online. And I have two weeks to go.

Are all of your law choices use the LNAT? Would you consider a non LNAT one?
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Are all of your law choices use the LNAT? Would you consider a non LNAT one?

Only two of them are LNAT: Bristol and Oxford
Original post by mez2296
Hi,

Reflect on the book, nuffield science report, blogs, lectures, articles - it is fine
Reflection is more important than the actual thing you have done
If philosophy of law interests you, talk about it
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Reflect on the book, nuffield science report, blogs, lectures, articles - it is fine
Reflection is more important than the actual thing you have done
If philosophy of law interests you, talk about it

thank you!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending