The Student Room Group

Struggling with A-Levels.. Thinking about dropping out.

So i went to college where i started my A-Levels. But I had a few problems while at college which disrupted my learning and i got CDUUU in my AS results. My parents then forced me to go back to a sixth form to redo my first year. I worked really hard as to not repeat that previous summers results.. however, I only achieved CCCD. which is very different from the AAAB i had been predicted and was hoping for. Im now in my second year at the sixth form and i hate it just as much as i did on my first day of re doing my AS'. The university i want to go to requires AAB and this is what i have been predicted for my A2 results; but, I am starting to struggle with my subjects and i am also starting to lose interest and lack motivation and concentration levels. My attendance is starting to drop and I just have no idea what to do. Would dropping out be wise? I just feel so unhappy and have done so for the past year and 4 months at this sixth form.

Thanks
Original post by cjm9
So i went to college where i started my A-Levels. But I had a few problems while at college which disrupted my learning and i got CDUUU in my AS results. My parents then forced me to go back to a sixth form to redo my first year. I worked really hard as to not repeat that previous summers results.. however, I only achieved CCCD. which is very different from the AAAB i had been predicted and was hoping for. Im now in my second year at the sixth form and i hate it just as much as i did on my first day of re doing my AS'. The university i want to go to requires AAB and this is what i have been predicted for my A2 results; but, I am starting to struggle with my subjects and i am also starting to lose interest and lack motivation and concentration levels. My attendance is starting to drop and I just have no idea what to do. Would dropping out be wise? I just feel so unhappy and have done so for the past year and 4 months at this sixth form.

Thanks

You are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."
Original post by cjm9

Thanks

Dropping out will be foolish so i suggest you try your best and motivate yourself. I know its hard as i have been there but you have to try since effort always brings a reward.
Reply 3
Original post by German123
Dropping out will be foolish so i suggest you try your best and motivate yourself. I know its hard as i have been there but you have to try since effort always brings a reward.

Yeah, you're right.. its just so difficult to do :frown:
Original post by cjm9

Thanks

Don't give up! :smile:
Original post by cjm9

Thanks

There are lots of other options available. If there is a specific career area you are interested in, you could always see if there are apprenticeships. Alternatively, if it's exams you don't like, or exams are the reason you didn't do as well as you hoped previously, you could always try a BTEC next year?

Hope this helps! x
Reply 6
what are the subjects youre studying? if we're studying the same subject then i might be able to help.
Reply 7
Original post by lowsavvy
what are the subjects youre studying? if we're studying the same subject then i might be able to help.

Im in the second year of studying Biology, PE and Maths
Reply 8
Original post by cjm9
Im in the second year of studying Biology, PE and Maths

i'm doing mathematics as well. so far things goes well between me and the subject. i'm in my 2nd year now.

as a student myself, i'd suggest approaching your tutors to clear any doubts you have on any topics you're having difficulties with.

and if that wont work (due to some circumstances, i know ces i'm a student and some of the tutors in our school is not that reliable for some reasons), i guess another alternative is to seek help from classmates/ friends/ close friends and conduct your own study group.

and hey, since i'm here in tsr, i'll see what i can do to help.
Original post by cjm9
Yeah, you're right.. its just so difficult to do :frown:

I know how you feel as i have been there but please do not be hardened and do not give up easily.

Quick Reply

Latest