The Student Room Group

My favourite car

Hi people,

Heres my favourite car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKETgneRArk

The 2012 - 2014 Toyota Avensis.

My Dad bought one. Its so comfortable, good looking, elegant, classy, sporty and reliable.

I want to buy one of my own when I'm older and have a job :smile:

Scroll to see replies

M8, when you grow old won't that car turn old and crap?
Reply 2
Original post by Dhanny
M8, when you grow old won't that car turn old and crap?

Toyota might make a newer version.
Reply 3
This is clearly a Toyota employee. Nobody else would say that the Avensis was their favourite car...
One of the dullest looking cars on the market.
Nothing wrong with dreaming realistically is there? Would rather hear someone say they want on of these than some Mercedes they heard about in the latest rap song.

You can't go wrong with a Toyota. I've got an '04 Corolla and I can say it is better for a first than any corsa or fiesta that the majority have. Won't have it for than a year but that's because I'm moving up to get my dream car eventually, either a Nissan 200sx or 350z, got an MX-5 for next year.

Saw a video a while back of a 97 Avensis that had been sat for about 7 years and it had plants and bird nests all over it. Started up first turn of the key. Can't beat Toyota reliability.
Original post by RandomPandaX78
Nothing wrong with dreaming realistically is there? Would rather hear someone say they want on of these than some Mercedes they heard about in the latest rap song.

You can't go wrong with a Toyota. I've got an '04 Corolla and I can say it is better for a first than any corsa or fiesta that the majority have. Won't have it for than a year but that's because I'm moving up to get my dream car eventually, either a Nissan 200sx or 350z, got an MX-5 for next year.

Saw a video a while back of a 97 Avensis that had been sat for about 7 years and it had plants and bird nests all over it. Started up first turn of the key. Can't beat Toyota reliability.

How was the battery still charged >.>
Reply 7
My fav car at the moment (for the price) is a VW Golf R32, mainly because its pretty rapid

Also, I like the fact that it looks normal(ish) so you'd have to be a car guy to know what the F is goin down. :wink:
How can you think a car employed primarily by taxi drivers purely because of reliability, is even any of good looking, classy, sporty?

Soz sporty estate.
Reply 9
Nice.

... if you happen to be looking to buy a new Taxi.
Original post by JC.
Nice.

... if you happen to be looking to buy a new Taxi.

^^^
These guys think that just because an Avensis is used as a taxi, it is crap.

Just because a car is sometimes used as a taxi, or by a certain ethinicity, does not mean it is a crap car. If you think like this, then you do not know much about cars/you have bad judgement.
The new Toyota Avensis looks very smart, classy and sporty. It would make a nice family car for me one day. Just look at it..

The new Toyota Auris is also nice.
Reply 11
Naveed-7
look at it..

I have.
It's a skip.
LOL, this guy is like the Toyota Avensis edition of traintracks1995! :biggrin:
Original post by JC.
I have.
It's a skip.

Reply 14

Indeed. The diesel models are particularly prone to it.
Original post by JC.
Indeed. The diesel models are particularly prone to it.

Not sure if you really got what I was saying there. But you have an MG so you can't really talk smack about Toyotas....

Got much mayo?
Reply 16
Not sure if you really got what I was saying there. But you have an MG so you can't really talk smack about Toyotas....

Got much mayo?

Nice attempt at humour, but ex-Buick V8's don't blow head gaskets. :wink:
Original post by JC.
Nice attempt at humour, but ex-Buick V8's don't blow head gaskets. :wink:

Was that stock? Or did you put it in?
Reply 18
Was that stock? Or did you put it in?

I've had 5. Put one in myself, the other 4 came from the factory that way.
It looks like a standard American-ised utterly forgettable shape now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending