The Student Room Group

Are there any girls 23+ who are virgins but NOT out of choice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockfan
I dont know, in the early autumn I went to a volunteering event if that counts.
Anyway, enough of this. You sound like a jobcentre advisor for lonely hearts.

YES IT DOES this and the Sherlock Appreciation Thread are the most positive things I've seen you mention in the last 3 months
Original post by Temporality
that's good. I'm glad for you. Unfortunately there's relatively little support a stranger can give a stranger on TSR and indeed the messages may not sink in, the individuals may have to find them out for them self. But as someone who has come incredibly far in dealing with my own horribly severe depression anxiety and ocd, I will say it is definitely possible to learn to deal with them better overtime. Everyone has a different sort of struggle with these sorts of problems and some will be harder to overcome than others but it is down to the individual to change their situation. Sometimes you really can't change the way your mind has been programmed to think and you have perfectly valid reasons for why you think in a certain way, but what you can do is change your situation and your circumstances. Take yourself out of your comfort zone until you feel all the pain and fears you can and then force yourself to work your way out of it. Whatever happens never give up on that one dream you have. You really will be more attractive to people and more importantly happier and more confident if you follow what it is YOU really want from life and stop bowing down to other people's commands. This is where you really start to overcome your mental illness - new challenges and in new situations built for you and for pleasing no one else. Time is also an amazing healer, don't underestimate it. Life can be disappointing but wholly embracing even the smallest positive things and rejecting anything negative as not part of you or not part of your identity will improve your life manifold. If you have the intention to go into this year and make real change, trust me it will happen, and you may not reap the full effects of your efforts this year, but you definitely will in years to come. Healing is a slow but entirely possible process. You just need to look at the efforts of inspirational individuals to see there is no limit to what the human resolve can achieve. Hope this makes sense as I am very sleepy! All the best for 2015. A good attitude will take you far

some people really do live in Disneyland :rolleyes: if you truly have been through severe depression and anxiety im surprised you can still think like this. its a good thing for you, I guess. for me, time has not been a healer, it has just brought me closer to going absolutely nuts and having a breakdown. ive been like this for years now.
Original post by Ribbit1234
eww thats so skankyy

but you will lose your virginity and able to live your life
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
YES IT DOES this and the Sherlock Appreciation Thread are the most positive things I've seen you mention in the last 3 months

I have left volunteering since. in that event I met a girl whom I thought might become a friend, we met a couple of times, then I texted her once and I never heard back.
it hurts when people reject you as a romantic partner. it can hurt even more if you are rejected as a friend, which I have been, time and time again.
I know SMART goals thanks mate :smile: To be precise the social anxiety elements are:

a) I will talk to at least one person outside of my comfort circle/circle of trust a week

b) I will talk to at least one woman roughly my own age, at least once a fortnight (N.B. ex does not count as she was in the comfort circle)

good, work on those then.
for a goal to be SMART you also need to work out when and where you are going to do these things.
I have left volunteering since. in that event I met a girl whom I thought might become a friend, we met a couple of times, then I texted her once and I never heard back.
it hurts when people reject you as a romantic partner. it can hurt even more if you are rejected as a friend, which I have been, time and time again.

aww sorry to hear that :frown: Did you get along well when you met up? What was it you texted her?
Original post by TheWaffle
aww sorry to hear that :frown: Did you get along well when you met up? What was it you texted her?

we got along fine. she told me she was a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. then I texted her asking her if she wanted to go and see the Imitation Game in the cinema and I never heard back. I know she received the message.

this will sound very pedantic, are you absolutely sure you had the right number? Could you, in future, perhaps call them?

I know it hurts sherlock, I made 20 threads about it remember :frown: I too have been rejected even as friends, but I am offering you my hand in friendship, if you are willing to take it...
this will sound very pedantic, are you absolutely sure you had the right number? Could you, in future, perhaps call them?

I know it hurts sherlock, I made 20 threads about it remember :frown: I too have been rejected even as friends, but I am offering you my hand in friendship, if you are willing to take it...

I know its the right number, she gave it to me by sending me a lost call when we first met.
this is why I would rather just not even bother anymore. I don't want to become the clingy friend that nobody wants.
thank you for your offer, I appreciate it but the internet isn't a replacement for having real friends.
I know its the right number, she gave it to me by sending me a lost call when we first met.
this is why I would rather just not even bother anymore. I don't want to become the clingy friend that nobody wants.

that's a shame.

You won't be, but you have to accept the hand in friendship at least first. You did just say that it hurts to be rejected, so look I'm not rejecting you, and it's not just out of guilt/pity or whatever, we have quite a few similar interests and are (sort of) on the same wavelength.
that's a shame.

You won't be, but you have to accept the hand in friendship at least first. You did just say that it hurts to be rejected, so look I'm not rejecting you, and it's not just out of guilt/pity or whatever, we have quite a few similar interests and are (sort of) on the same wavelength.

Read edited post.
Read edited post.

I understand.

take up my new year's resolution, amend as you see fit, if things go well and they want to hang out (which they might) don't think about it, don't argue, just accept their hand in friendship.

On a side-note I've looked through your threads, you were on the up around August? Perhaps something has change in your life since then, to spark this current decline...
I understand.

take up my new year's resolution, amend as you see fit, if things go well and they want to hang out (which they might) don't think about it, don't argue, just accept their hand in friendship.

On a side-note I've looked through your threads, you were on the up around August? Perhaps something has change in your life since then, to spark this current decline...

who is "they"? its hardly likely shes going to text me now, its been months.
nothing really happened in august except an increase in my physical symptoms for no explicable reason.
who is "they"? its hardly likely shes going to text me now, its been months.
nothing really happened in august except an increase in my physical symptoms for no explicable reason.

'they' are the people you are going to meet and hopefully befriend, if you stick to the NYR. Perhaps you've lost that one but you can do better anyway if she's going to flake you like that.

could your current sleep pattern have a little contribution to that increase in symptoms? I mean anything in life in general-chronic stressors, too. Example for me: unemployment….

I'm going to bed mate, take care :smile:
'they' are the people you are going to meet and hopefully befriend, if you stick to the NYR. Perhaps you've lost that one but you can do better anyway if she's going to flake you like that.

could your current sleep pattern have a little contribution to that increase in symptoms? I mean anything in life in general-chronic stressors, too. Example for me: unemployment….

I'm going to bed mate, take care :smile:

it seems to be a recurring pattern I get with people and every time it happens I die a little bit inside. in which case its obviously something to do with me, not them. either way I don't want to put myself through it anymore.

goodnight.
thank you! I'm going to try and break this all down in the morning :tongue: sleep well :smile:

I think he was talking to me lol.
I think he was talking to me lol.

not really, you rationalised why you shouldn't do the NYRs, while I said I'll try them. People were getting frustrated with arguing with you, whereas I (for once) just said Yes OK
not really, you rationalised why you shouldn't do the NYRs, while I said I'll try them. People were getting frustrated with arguing with you, whereas I (for once) just said Yes OK

He was addressing the post to me though, stop being so self centred, not everything is about you.
Edit: just saw he quoted you, I stand corrected.
(edited 9 years ago)
it was to both of us. You bumped the thread sherlock, I wasn't taking any limelight this evening...

See edited post.
Bump.

Quick Reply

Latest