The Student Room Group

I can't decide which uni to go to and its stressing me out!!!

This may sound stupid but I am getting really stressed over which university to choose. My top two choices are Leeds and Birmingham to study law. Both universities are great and I love them both but tbh I did love Birmingham more but they have 94& exams for the first year and Leeds on the other hand have 77% exams in the first year so thats how I have become stuck. I do not want to make the wrong decision and fail university. So stressed...
Also I have done so much research, I have been on the laptop for hours just trying to decide.

Any suggestions?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rkhan57
This may sound stupid but I am getting really stressed over which university to choose. My top two choices are Leeds and Birmingham to study law. Both universities are great and I love them both but tbh I did love Birmingham more but they have 94& exams for the first year and Leeds on the other hand have 77% exams in the first year so thats how I have become stuck. I do not want to make the wrong decision and fail university. So stressed...
Also I have done so much research, I have been on the laptop for hours just trying to decide.

Any suggestions?
take your time you don't need to make a decision yet. visit them again if you can and then decide. the exam amount should not alter your decision. if your good enough to get AAA at a level then exams in uni shouldn't be a problem. my gut feeling is you prefer Birmingham so if you still feel that way after visiting that is where you should go.
Original post by swanseajack1
take your time you don't need to make a decision yet. visit them again if you can and then decide. the exam amount should not alter your decision. if your good enough to get AAA at a level then exams in uni shouldn't be a problem. my gut feeling is you prefer Birmingham so if you still feel that way after visiting that is where you should go.

The person done btec extended diploma-go for Leeds! Plus...they're equal in reputation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by fudgecake22
The person done btec extended diploma-go for Leeds! Plus...they're equal in reputation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not about them being equal in reputation its about me choosing the right university for me.

What is your reason for saying Leeds?
Original post by rkhan57
Its not about them being equal in reputation its about me choosing the right university for me.

What is your reason for saying Leeds?

Which is closest to your home? Best advice is to vist an open day!!! Visit both unis!! I personally would go for Leeds! !..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do the first year grades even count? (I know normally they don't but it might be different for law). If they don't you're picking over something irrelevant! And in the grand scheme of things that's not very important anyway. Pick based on a number of things: how you feel in the city, the course content, the amount of tutorial time you get, employability afterwards, if there's a club to do your favourite activity, what the accommodation is like etc. You could even just make a big comparison list about things that are important to you and pick from that.
Once you've got offers for both you should be sent an open day invitation for them (leeds definitely), go along and see the uni, city, course structure and ask as many questions as possible. You could also ask any law students in that uni who are helping out, what they think of having 94%/77% of exams in the first year and if they'd prefer to have more or less.
Good luck!
As others have already mentioned - you have MONTHS to decide this, so chill!

Your offers are there, they aren't going to disappear so stop panicking.

There is lots of advice here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Firm_and_insurance_choices - in particular the advice titled 'But I still can't decide' might be useful to you - read it, and calm down!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
My applicant days are both in February so you are right I will ask all the questions and then decide :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending