The Student Room Group

What's the biggest secret you've ever kept from someone close?

Scroll to see replies

I managed to keep my depression from my family for a long time.

And my sexuality. All my friends know, but, again, my family don't and I don't think I will tell them for a long time.
I kept my panic attacks a secret from my bf and family for months because I was embarrassed. Even when I became housebound I still made up excuses saying I wasn't going out because I had a migraine or because I was skint. Took me about 4 months to admit how bad the attacks were. I regret not telling them sooner because all my family has suffered from them in the past plus I know its nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My gender dysphoria and sexuality :sad: But 2015 should hopefully be more opportunity to come out of the closet further. :smile: I am "out" as trans and pan, but not as much as I should be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
I didn't tell my mom when I got hit by car while cycling.
If I told you, I would have to kill you :frown:
An old friend told me she was raped the night of a party, and told me that one of our other friends had done it (who we rarely saw). I knew this was a lie because I happened to have been with him on the night in question - but I kept my knowledge a secret because she was in a seriously low place mentally, and I don't know why she made that up, but I felt I should be there for her rather than abandon her, because although she was never raped, she did have serious mental issues that she needed help to work through.

In the end though, her issues caused such a rift that our friendship gradually drifted, but I am still glad that I was there for her during that time.

Quick Reply

Latest