The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did Medical Physics (didn't get the choice) and that seemed quite easy (also quite boring) as there seems to be more factual learning than understanding.

It's hard to tell which topic is the easiest as most people only study one of them! I would have thought astro/particle would probably be the hardest.
Reply 2
I did astro which I found very easy... subsequently I ended up with 112/120 in the whole unit which isn't too bad... Its more or less just simple maths and a bit of memorising stuff about star formation and black holes etc...
S1M is right I think, in saying that astro is the easiest. two of my friends did it and said it was fine. I did materials(i want to do architecture) which is supposed to be the longest and hardest. I got 119/120 tho :biggrin: so its really not that bad, and is quite interesting!
Reply 4
Ok, so maybe we're saying th Particle Physics is the hardest? I did Medical physics and got 120/120 (of course tht also counts practical), and I do believe that the topic is not really that difficult.
Reply 5
Hoofbeat
Ok, so maybe we're saying th Particle Physics is the hardest? I did Medical physics and got 120/120 (of course tht also counts practical), and I do believe that the topic is not really that difficult.

That's good to know, I *think* our optional topic for A2 is health physics, but it's with OCR.
Reply 6
I don't think particle physics is that bad either coz we are doing similar stuff for mod 6 paper... So we can conclude that whatever option you do in mod 3 physics its easy :biggrin: So just do what you find the most interesting...
Reply 7
I did the particle physics option when I did AS Physics. It quite easy, but very boring.
Reply 8
I wish we'd done astro or particle physics for U3, as medical physics is boring and I like the particle physics topics in U6! Solid materials might have been good though, as its a topic which doesn't really get much attention.

The U3 paper is pointless really as well as it's so short - I think the practical is better!
Materials is really interesting. THere are quite a lot of mathsy bits with stress/strain graphs and such, but the rest is all about how and why you engineer materials to have certain properties. Good for architecture/engineering.
Reply 10
That's quite a silly poll, since no one has done more than 1, no one can give a valid opinion.
Reply 11
Hoofbeat
I wish we'd done astro or particle physics for U3, as medical physics is boring and I like the particle physics topics in U6! Solid materials might have been good though, as its a topic which doesn't really get much attention.

The U3 paper is pointless really as well as it's so short - I think the practical is better!

Astrophysics is quite cool, but I'd prefer to have done particle physics.
Reply 12
mik1a
That's quite a silly poll, since no one has done more than 1, no one can give a valid opinion.

I have. We did two options topics in my day. We were taught Particle Physics and Medical Physics but in the exam I did the questions on Electronics and Materials.
Reply 13
choose medical physics its way easy and interesting , atleast u know how the hell the x-ray ur body when u get to the hospital :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending