The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

How much should I pay for accommodation?

We are looking to move in to a three bedroom house around stoke, near the Ball Hill area. Does anyone know how much we should be looking to pay per room, per month? From my research it looks like the going rate is around £250-£300.

Also, do we need to pay rent over the summer before term starts in September/October?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by jonnycovuni
We are looking to move in to a three bedroom house around stoke, near the Ball Hill area. Does anyone know how much we should be looking to pay per room, per month? From my research it looks like the going rate is around £250-£300.

Also, do we need to pay rent over the summer before term starts in September/October?

Thank you!

Hey Jonny,
How much you spend on accommodation really depends on a variety of factors including size, location, condition and bills being included/excluded. And whether you pay rent over the summer will depend on your landlord or estate agents. I've been renting accommodation in coventry for 4 years now, and my advice is to look around as early as you can - you'll get a better choice of everything on offer this way, and you can avoid the stress of finding somewhere to live last minute. Do your research on estate agents and landlords before signing anything and make sure you know exactly what is included in your rent and your contract :smile:
Happy house-hunting!
- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks Josh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest