The Student Room Group

Ensuites at Oxford

Basically, I am autistic and feel extremely uncomfortable sharing a bathroom, especially with strangers. At Oxford, most colleges give out ensuite rooms randomly by a ballot and some are based on how much you pay but the prices are extortionate and I don't have the budget for it. Does anyone know if there is any way I can get priority for an en suite room as a reasonable adjustment? Also, which colleges are best for disability support?
Reply 1
You could see if your GP will write a letter to support the accommodation application
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I am autistic and feel extremely uncomfortable sharing a bathroom, especially with strangers. At Oxford, most colleges give out ensuite rooms randomly by a ballot and some are based on how much you pay but the prices are extortionate and I don't have the budget for it. Does anyone know if there is any way I can get priority for an en suite room as a reasonable adjustment? Also, which colleges are best for disability support?

you should be able to do this - I got an ensuite assigned, I think they might ask for proof and I just sent diagnosis papers. Might vary by college if they want a specific doctors note but reasonable adjustments for accommodation are the responsibility of the college to grant you. If you’re looking for disability support I would unfortunately not recommend my college Corpus Christi - they failed to process my accommodation request properly, and during first year ignored other aspects of my access requirements lol. I’m hoping they’re doing better at it now but my experience was not good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending